Our Network Engineers are responsible for the design and management of both enterprise and trading networks. In our enterprise network we optimize for reliability and scalability. In our trading network we optimize for a variety of performance characteristics, like latency, that keep us competitive. In all that we do, we strive for simplicity and operational excellence.
As part of our networks team, you will work with other engineering teams in designing purpose built systems. Our engineering culture is highly collaborative. Network engineers are expected to participate in design discussions with both developers and traders with the goal of solving problems that really matter to the business.
What you'll do:
- Deploy, monitor, and configure network infrastructure
- Manage Cisco, Arista, and Juniper network equipment
- Recommend and implement system improvements
- Provide technical expertise and support to a high frequency traders in a competitive market-making environment
- Track and solve issues as part of a fast-paced results driven set of IT teams
What you'll need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Experience with network and performance monitoring
- Experience troubleshooting TCP/UDP (including multicast)
- Experience with network capacity planning
- Experience with low-latency networking is a plus but not required
- Experience with Corvils, taps, and aggregation switches is a plus but not required
- Knowledge of trading exchanges and financial instruments is not required
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required; we will not sponsor individuals for employment authorization for this job opening
Who we are:
Optiver is a leading proprietary trading firm using technology to provide the most up-to-date and competitive prices in financial products around the world. Put simply, we improve the markets. Achieving this requires excellence in everything we do. That’s not merely an aspiration, but our reason for being.
We’re seeking people who up the ante with nerve, with guts and, most importantly, with heart. We’re looking for the bold. Does that describe you? Then opt in.
Given the unprecedented situation of COVID-19, Optiver US is managing its business remotely. Please note this opportunity will not be remote long-term and employees will be expected to work in the office once it is safe to do so.