Network Engineer at VillageMD
At VillageMD, we are committed to helping patients achieve greater health by delivering the most accessible and efficient healthcare in the world through partnership with primary care physicians. We're in a unique position to impact everyone in primary care from independent, family-owned practices to world-class health systems. Integral to our Technology Operations team, the Network Engineer will drive a wide variety of projects to support and maintain organization’s converged networks and related equipment in a multi-site environment.
What are some examples of projects you’ll be managing as a Network Engineer at VillageMD?
- You will be responsible for leveraging various alerting mechanism with goal of achieving maximum infrastructure uptime including availability of critical services that our business depends upon.
- You will own provisioning, implementation and maintenance of various networking technologies including Cisco Unified Communication Manager, CACTI, wireless LANs, switches, routers, and all telecom and data circuits in addition to security technologies such as firewalls, VPNs, web filters, and IPSs.
- As part of our Security First approach, you will ensure Technology Operations is adhering to security and regulatory compliance established by Security Operations and Legal/Compliance team.
What will make you successful here?
- Communication is very critical for this position since you will be working with geographically dispersed teams. It’s very important that you are comfortable with communicating at all levels including sending enterprise wide announcements as well as leveraging instant messaging tools such MS Teams. We need this person to side on over-communication and able to provide high level of transparency.
- In-depth understanding of routing and routed protocols, network security principles and industry-standard implementations of corporate voice and data infrastructures including cabling.
- A low ego and humility; an ability to gain trust through strong communication and doing what you say you will do
What you might do in your first year:
- Improve and maintain network monitoring software as well as implement new monitoring on as needed basis.
- Monitors and tests network performance; provides network performance statistics and reports.
- Implement and manage all aspects of IT network security, including drafting of appropriate security policies to ensure employees and contractors understand the proper use of corporate network resources.
- Maintaining accurate records of all topology, maintenance, inventory, and security measures associated with the company’s voice and data networks.
- Design and oversee all configuration changes to any component of the corporate LAN, WAN and related networks. This includes all hardware and software issues and on-going administration of the corporate network.
The following experience is relevant to us:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
- 3 to 5 years of full-time experience building, operating and troubleshooting complex converged network environments
- Experience with infrastructure monitoring and alerting tools such as Nagios, Solarwinds or DataDog
- Experience with Cisco Unified Communication Manager and Unified Contact Center Express 10.5, Cisco Routers, Cisco ASA and related VPN Technologies and MPLS Technologies
- CCNA or CCNP, required
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.