Network Optimization Manager at Peapod Digital Labs
What’s Our Dish
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs (PDL) is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that powers the eCommerce and digital strategies for the Great Local Brands of Ahold Delhaize USA. Accelerating growth in digital and personalization capabilities, PDL is an innovation lab focused on meeting the changing needs of customers, regardless of when, where, and how consumers choose to shop.
Peapod continues to be a consumer-facing eCommerce brand, and is part of Peapod Digital Labs, focused on growing Peapod sales to consumers.
Browse the Aisles
This role leads the development of the modeling and analysis required to strategically implement a robust and continually evolving omni-channel network at PDL. The development of store-based picking and sameday delivery merging with the existing PDL logistics network requires detailed modeling and simulation to drive intelligent network design. This role is critical in ensuring ample capacity and delivery speed for a strong customer proposition; while maintaining an optimal cost structure.
Recipe for Success - What's "in store" for the role
- Primary duty is to run network modeling/design simulations to guide the development of a complete omni-channel network at PDL/ ADUSA Utilizing network modeling software determine the optimized location, order capacity and connectivity between distribution points working with the Planning & Network Expansion team
- Support the Network Strategy Managers to continuously optimize the distribution network, determine construction sequencing and logistics channel prioritization
- Continuously improve the network design from a tactical standpoint to increase order velocity, capacity and overall customer satisfaction
- Continuously advance the logistics network modeling software through enhancement releases or RFP to source replacement or complementary packages. Primary super-user and owner of the modeling software.
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- Bachelors degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Computer Sciences or Mathematics
- 8+ years working in distribution, last mile logistics, home delivery or field serviceoperations
Extra Spices - What you should bring to the table
- Extensive experience working with network design/optimization software ie LlamaSoft, JDA,Quintiq
- Specialized knowldege of route optimization practices for last mile delivery or field service operations
- Extensive use of route optimization software such as RoadNet, Descartes, Cheetah, etc.
- Strong SQL, Excel, MS Access skills to inject Peapod data into modeling software
- Knowledge of the dynamic and rapidly changing last mile e-commerce spaceincluding omni-channel and crowd-sourced delivery models
- Strong presentation creation skills including ability to perform advanced work with mapping software, PowerPoint and graphical charts
- After initial guidance, a strong self starter with ability to focus deeply on a complex problem setwhile creating a clear output of work
- Strong experience focused on network modeling for a rapidly growing business
- Ability to work with large sets of data, injecting into modeling software or run standalone analyses
- Strong ability to translate modeling software output into a clear actionable recommendation for the Planning & Network Expansion team to execute
- Strong ability to understand micro details of modeling inputs but also pull up to the macro level in order to make optimized network recommendations/plans
- Ability to present-out on recommendations after modeling/analysis, then return back and tweak model to input alterations from wider audience
Join Us at Our Table
Peapod Digital Labs is a forward-thinking company with a strong legacy of innovation. We recognize who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees, including: great health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, and generous and flexible paid time off.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.