Network Solutions Manager, Global Networking
McDonald’s, one of the most recognized brands in the world, is looking to add an experienced Network Solutions Manager who will lead the successful delivery of network services to our markets and corporate customers.
In this role, you will own the lifecycle of key global network services, managing global network service providers to ensure our services meet the needs of our business and provide the best customer experience.
We are moving fast and are adding to our best-in-class team. Joining McDonald's means thinking big every single day and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world. We are customer obsessed, committed to being leaders in our industry and believe we are better when we work together.
Over the last year, we have launched home delivery, radically improved the digital experiences of our restaurants, introduced mobile pay and have so much more to come.
That said, the biggest area of increase in our spending has been in technology, which is helping to drive our growth. We are looking at how to use technology to improve the customer experience and build new customer experiences. We are also exploring technologies that can help us reduce or eliminate repetitive tasks and make employees’ jobs more interesting and rewarding. With all the new projects and initiatives, it is an exciting time to be on the team that is helping to make a Better McDonald's!
We are looking for someone who is passionate about:
- Working with people across a global organization
- Evolving and modernizing technologies and services to align with business priorities
- Customer experience and operational excellence
- Capturing and understanding business/technical IT infrastructure requirements
- Interacting with and influencing our IT partners
- Serving as a technical domain expert
- Seeking opportunities for continual service improvement
- B.S/B.A degree or equivalent practical experience
- CCNA or equivalent experience
- 3+ years’ experience in a Network Service manager role gained in multi-cultural, large global organizations
- 3+ years’ experience in the majority of the following technical network background areas: Akamai CDN, Palo Alto Firewall, OpenDNS/Cisco Umbrella, Secure Internet Gateway, Cisco Routing & Switching, SD-WAN, Cisco on-premise LAN & WLAN, Meraki LAN & WLAN
- Working knowledge of agile methodologies
- Experience with DevOps and network automation
- Motivation to use initiative to make an immediate impact in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to think globally and strategically, to inspire change in a complex global organization
- Ability to understand business challenges, drive process improvements and translate into solutions
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, with the ability to convey complex ideas in easy to understand business friendly language
- A customer-focused approach to liaise with internal customers (both IT and non-IT) through regular business engagements and service issues
- A willingness to learn, engage and establish relationships with both internal colleagues and external partners
- Experience of managing large IT Outsourcing/Managed Service Providers, both onshore and offshore
- Team player mentality with experience of working and collaborating in a globally dispersed team
- Service lead for Akamai CDN, Network Hub Security and Secure Internet Gateway
- Global HQ (Chicago) Cisco LAN and WLAN service management
- Supplier management of our global partners providing network services
- Service governance and service lifecycle management
- Support the development and delivery of our network strategy and roadmap in partnership with other service managers and architects
- Help drive operational excellence and maintain standard operating procedures for the services
- Partner with internal application stakeholders, solutions architects, network service managers and market IT leads to define requirements, develop strategy and design network infrastructure and services to meet the needs of the business
- Provide network expertise and leadership to the business and IT functions
- Create and maintain strong relationships with corporate and market teams to ensure strong and effective engagement in technology discussions
- Budget management for network services, including service cost models, expense, chargeback, and forecasting
Read Full Job Description