Network Solutions Technologist at Motorola Solutions
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewAt Motorola Solutions, we help people be their best in the moments that matter. We help firefighters see around buildings and police officers see around street corners. Our work is very meaningful, impactful, and cutting edge and we invite you to explore it. We are the Best!
Motorola Solutions is a world leader in the field of professional mobile communications systems with an impressive heritage of technological innovations and a global base of installed systems. The group's main business is the implementation of mission critical digital mobile communication systems for Government & Public Safety Communications customers.
This position is responsible for the architectural network design of backhaul solutions for ASTRO 25, WAVE VOIP and adjacent technologies for Federal, State and local government agencies requiring highly secure, easily managed, mission critical IP networks.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Consult with Pre-Sale and Post-Sale Design team to set strategy, direction and implementation
- Lead and define technical network architecture designs for ASTRO 25 backhaul networks
- Lead and define technical network architecture designs for adjacent technologies backhaul networks
- Create and document detailed network drawings
- Continually evaluate third party vendor equipment used in our portfolio
- Work with third party vendors/contractors to ensure delivery of requirements set forth by the design
- Lead the engineering community in best practices for network designs
- Network topology assessments and troubleshooting
- Good understanding of effective network design methodologies
- Experience with troubleshooting and assessing live networks
- Minimum preferred certifications: Juniper Network Certified Internet Associate (JNCIA), Nokia Routing Specialist I (NRS I) or equivalent
- Experience with routing protocols: BGP, OSPF, ISIS and others as needed
- Experience with MPLS design and deployments
- Experience with LAN switching protocols: G8032 ring protection
- Experience with Manufacture Hardware: Juniper, Nokia, HP, Fortinet
- Knowledge of different media types: Metro Ethernet, Frame-Relay, Ethernet, SONET.
- Knowledge of physical layer such as: fiber, Copper, Microwave.
- Experience in scripting/programming is a plus.
- Experience with Motorola ASTRO 25 architecture a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Visio, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google applications required
- Experience with use of command line and/or GUI interfaces to provision equipment
- Experience with Network Management Applications a plus: Solarwinds, JUNO-Space, Nokia SAM/NFM-P, Provision
- Self motivated, excellent written and oral communication skills, and strong interpersonal skills
- Works collaboratively and builds relationships with other colleagues, customers, and third party service professionals.
- This position is a customer on-premises located in Washington DC.
- Bachelor's (BS) Degree in Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent and 5+ years experience in IP networking
- OR 5+ years of experience in Network Engineering or Solution Architect.
- **Must be a U.S. Citizen and able to obtain background clearance as required by government customer; active clearance is a plus.**
Travel RequirementsUnder 10%
Referral Payment PlanYes
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.