If hands-on experience is the only thing standing between you and your career as a Network Engineer, this is the place for you.
As a Network Support Associate, you will be responsible for providing best-in-class technical support for our growing client and partner base. You will diagnose problems and troubleshoot the entire Meraki product line, including our wireless access points, security appliances, and switches.
Our customer-facing role will expose you to a diverse group of teams within our Support Organization - including Network Support Engineers, Escalation Engineers, Support Product Specialists, etc - providing endless opportunities for career growth in a nurturing, fun, meaningful, and dynamic environment.
Characteristics of success in this role include strong interpersonal skills, entry-level networking experience, and familiarity with concepts such as Subnetting, VLANs, DNS, DHCP, switching and routing. We look for people who take pride in doing excellent work and are passionate about learning.
- Effectively communicate with third parties such as partners and customers regarding technical issues and customer service inquiries, both orally and in writing
- Diagnose and troubleshoot wireless, security, switching, and other various network-related issues reported by Cisco Meraki customers and partners
- Own each customer case from initial creation to resolution
- Collaborate with other support team members to fix network outages, mistaken configurations, and complex networking issues on customers' devices
- Provide assistance in our Support Lab to recreate customer issues
- Stay up to date on Meraki features and technology by attending training and completing educational modules, participating in engineering and product team communication, and keeping up with enterprise and cloud networking trends
- Extraordinary customer service skills
- Entry-level understanding of network technologies including firewalls,routing/switching, VLANs, and wireless
- Excellent written and verbal communication in the English language
- Ability to clearly and concisely articulate matters to third parties
- Ability to multitask and work under time constraints
- Networking certifications a plus: Network+, CCENT, CCNA, etc
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.