NOC Lead at CCC Information Services
Job Description Summary
The Network Operations Center (NOC) Lead is to work collaboratively with infrastructure and application teams to help ensure the stable operation, reliability, and security of datacenter and property-based infrastructure. The NOC team helps to support all the services that comprise those systems through proactive monitoring and standard operating procedures. The NOC Lead will work closely, and with minimal supervision, with operations and business teams and will provide guidance and input into strategic direction/development of datacenter and infrastructure monitoring and support. This person will have superior knowledge and experience in the areas of monitoring, prioritization, escalation, infrastructure support, communications interfaces, and related hardware/software. Maintains technical expertise and may have certifications in selected vendor products.
Will perform security procedures, regular maintenance, and recommend policies to ensure compliance with regulatory and legal polices. This role is knowledgeable, at a senior level, in a multi-platform-operating environment. The person will lead the team to analyze and resolve infrastructure and connectivity issues in a timely and accurate fashion, with the assistance of operations and application teams as needed. The NOC manager will help guide and develop end user training where required. The NOC Lead will also participate in the Major Incident Review process to provide monitoring details as requested.
- Manage a team of NOC resources that support the global monitoring of infrastructure systems and applications on a 24x7x365 basis.
- Provide direction and clear, tactical and strategic goals for the NOC related to functions, capabilities, and capacity.
- Guides monitoring requirements, and associated processes, for the tools used for monitoring such as SolarWinds, Dynatrace, AppDynamics, etc.
- Provide best practices for monitoring and support of requested applications and ensure that staff is in compliance
- Working in partnership with operations and business partners, helps develop and enforce meaningful Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Able to clearly articulate system stability status and recommend operational improvements
- Manage a global, distributed footprint of equipment and resources. Work closely with operations and application teams to understand architecture and future requirements for growth.
- Promote a proactive rather than a reactive culture within the team through improved analysis and metrics. Focus should be on developing a team that can provide analysis and troubleshooting autonomously
- Ensure team maintains and updates knowledge base related to supported applications
- The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum 7 years of experience in Information Technology. Minimum of 5 years in a Network Operations Center role, with at least 2 years in a management capacity.
- 2 years of progressive experience with Dynatrace, SolarWinds, Oracle 12c, or other monitoring tools
- Working technical knowledge of network and platform operating systems, including client and server operating systems.
- Ability to conduct research into software or hardware issues and products as required. Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to monitor, troubleshoot, and support technologies related to infrastructure systems and applications.
- Familiarity with security best practices as they relate to information systems.
- Experience in the development of operational procedures, processes and scripts
- Demonstrated leadership when leading projects and motivating others
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office tools, including Microsoft Project
- Works well under pressure.
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written. Will oversee and manage end-user and business owner updates.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Why Choose CCC:
We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer generous benefit plans and resources designed with employee satisfaction in mind.
What we value is simple - customers, employee commitment, collaboration and clear communication.
We hire people who will embrace the company’s goals and productively contribute in ways that help us serve the customer, innovate, and stay strong.
We make it a priority to keep employees healthy, happy and enriched.
- Healthy - Wellness programs, competitive medical benefit offerings
- Happy – Recognition programs, a confidential employee assistance program, Perkspot/employee discount program and potentially flexible work arrangements such as staggered start times
- Enriched – Tuition reimbursement, training and learning programs, and leadership development opportunities
Our corporate headquarters is located in downtown Chicago within the historic Merchandise Mart—a certified LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building.
Please Note: Contingent Workers, Field Inventory Representatives and Interns are not eligible for the benefits above.
CCC Information Services was recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Best Mid-Sized Employers in 2018 and ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago in 2017 by Built In Chicago.
CCC is ready to help you shift your career into high gear. Let's get started!