NOC Technical Support Specialist - Tier 2
The Tier 2 Technical Support Specialist responds to service tickets and requests for local and remote network support in order to meet service level agreements. Troubleshooting and resolving hardware, software, application, network, user access, and all related issues are part of the daily routine. The Tier 2 Technical Support Specialist will interact with network services, software systems engineering, and/or applications development teams to restore service and/or identify and correct the core problem.
Ideal candidates are well versed in networking basics (experience with wireless, VLAN dense environments, general routing/switching/firewalling across various platforms) with a proven ability to think logically, rationally and analytically. A focus on autonomy and self-improvement while maintaining a team-focused attitude and seeking out assistance when needed is encouraged.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, but are not limited to:
- Liaise with staff, property management groups, ISP’s, and other vendors to ensure that change orders are well communicated, well thought out, and efficiently executed through to completion with minimal service disruptions for all parties
- Perform high level and in-depth network monitoring, as well as troubleshooting and diagnosing network, hardware, and ISP issues
- Adhere to general and property specific service level agreements (SLAs)
- Address and handle Tier 1 and outsourced/overflow support ticket escalations
- Analyze and identify larger global/system wide issues and present or escalate these to Tier 3 agents for additional input and resolution
- Use advanced knowledge of networks, policies and procedures, and best practices to educate and present solutions for clients
- Deliver ongoing training and development of Tier 1 agents
- Dig below the surface and identify trends in support tickets, diagnose underlying cause, and take appropriate actions
- Work closely with other departments (installations, provisioning, sales, software, accounting, etc.) to make sure that client requests/issues are channeled and addressed efficiently
- Offer “frontline” insight to Tier 3 agents and support managers to ensure best practices and SOP’s are developed or modified to achieve maximum efficiency and employee satisfaction
- With a strong attention to detail, write up detailed documentation on issues, collect and aggregate data from multiple sources to effectively gather information and analyze potential problems
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience with networking
- 3+ years of experience providing technical support and / or customer service
- Ability to maintain regular consistent, punctual, and professional attendance
- Dedication to performing duties in an efficient, professional, and courteous manner with a high attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience with trouble shooting and documenting network related problems
- Experience with quality assurance or desktop support
- CCENT, CCNA, CCNP, Network+, etc.
- A strong command of the English language, both verbal and written (fluency in other languages is an asset)