NOC Technician - Night Shift at Vail Systems, Inc.
Vail Systems Company Profile
Vail Systems is a leading voice-enabled SaaS/Cloud company headquartered in Deerfield, IL, with a satellite office in downtown Chicago.
Vail's focus is to design, develop and host voice and messaging applications based on a VoIP platform developed by a team with decades of experience in IP telephony. Vail's services range from enhanced network routing for Fortune 500 enterprise clients to softphone technology serving the consumer VoIP market. www.vailsys.com.
NOC Technician- Night Shift
Vail is seeking a technical Network Operations Center (NOC) technician to provide system and network operations support in a 24x7 NOC. The NOC plays a key role in maintaining a highly available network spanning three sites and consisting of 2000+ nodes.
- Monitoring both system and network through the use of various network management and monitoring tools
- Performing various system and network maintenance tasks
- Application of system and network administration skills toward problem detection, debugging and recovery
- Clearly, accurately and concisely articulate problems and symptoms when escalating issues
- User-level knowledge of the Linux, Solaris and Windows operating systems
- Familiarity with the file structures, processes, shell commands
- Basic system administrative experience with UNIX and Windows operating systems preferred
- Understanding TCP/IP network environment and the ability to debug network problems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of basic Unix tools
- A basic understanding of CISCO based command and their usage a plus
- Ability to write basic shell scripts to automate routine tasks
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or equivalent preferred but not required