Not Your Average Receptionist at Green Thumb
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:49 p.m. (CST) on Tuesday, March 3, 2020
About Green Thumb Industries:
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to providing dignified access to cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. GTI manufactures and distributes a portfolio of branded cannabis products including Rythm, Dogwalkers, The Feel Collection, incredibles and Beboe, among others. The company also owns and operates rapidly growing national retail cannabis stores called Rise™ and Essence. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has 13 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 95 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs approximately 1,400 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
Do you love maximizing a great impression? Are you looking for a new challenge where you can utilize and hone your exceptional organization skills? We’ve got just the role for you! As GTI’s Front Desk Receptionist, you will be the first smiling face our visitors and staff see when they enter our office. However, we’re looking for more than just a dazzling smile - our ideal candidate has unmatched interpersonal skills, goes above and beyond in all that they do, and has superior multitasking and prioritization abilities. If you’re a self-starter with a can-do attitude – read on!
Hours: Full time; 9:00 – 6:00pm
- Present a professional and welcoming first contact to all clients, visitors and staff (via phone, in person, and e-mail)
- Monitor visitor access and maintain a high level of security awareness
- Manage, sort, and dispense incoming mail and packages
- Prepare outgoing mail, and shipping packages via USPS, UPS, FEDEX
- Assist with setting appointments and meetings on conference room calendars
- Report any pertinent issues that need addressing to the Office Manager
- Provide additional support for the Office Manager as well as other teams and duties as needed
- Assist in keeping a tidy, organized office
- Organize, fill out and ensure delivery of new and existing employee business cards
- Manage conference room snack and beverage supplies
- Light administrative work as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- 1-2 years previous reception experience
- High school diploma required; some college preferred
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced environment
- Possesses a high level of critical thinking
- Comfortable with long periods of sitting, while keeping busy
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Extremely detail oriented and organized (In fact, include the following statement somewhere in your cover letter: “I marijuana be GTI’s next Receptionist”)
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
- Must understand and comply with the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of GTI
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
At GTI we believe that our corporate community should be a reflection of the communities we serve. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity across race, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, experience, and thought—not only because it is right, but because it makes us better. Our mission—the right to wellness—informs our commitment to champion economic opportunities in communities disproportionately affected by the war on drugs through employment and community involvement. GTI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We can't wait to meet you.
Read Full Job Description