At VillageMD, we are committed to helping patients achieve greater health by delivering the most effective, accessible and efficient healthcare in the world through partnership with primary care physicians. We are in a unique position to impact everyone in primary care from independent, family-owned practices to world-class health systems. We leverage a tested model of care that combines value-based contracting, data-driven decision-making, ancillary services development, and the capital needed for success.
Integral to our business, the Office Assistant based in Chicago, IL will provide front office support and management, and will be directly responsible for providing a positive experience and initial impression for all of our Chicago office visitors. This individual will also be responsible for managing and maintaining conference room scheduling, to ordering supplies and facilities management. In addition, the ideal candidate will carry out special assignments and detailed requests with minimal supervision to effectively organize and provide operational leverage for departments as needed.
What you might do in your first year:
- Conference room management and coordination of catering
- Management and ordering of office supplies
- Greeting of Chicago office guests to ensure positive experience and visit
- Act as a liaison with facilities and assist in overseeing maintenance work orders and requests
- Distribute mail and handle postage and shipping needs
- Communicating Chicago office notifications
- Providing back up to the administrative team as needed
- Providing technology and systems support and issue resolution when necessary
- Internal and external meeting and event planning assistance
- Supporting senior leaders with ad hoc projects as needed
- Broader office operations and support as necessary
What will make you successful here?
- A willingness to learn, take initiative and be resourceful
- A bias for action and pragmatic solutions
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- The ability to be flexible in an ambiguous and dynamic environment
- Ability to solve problems, and establish trust
- A low ego and humility; an ability to gain trust through strong communication and doing what you say you will do
What you bring to VillageMD:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- A minimum of three years of senior administrative support experience
- A high service orientation
- Demonstrated organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and deliver quality outcomes while effectively managing multiple competing priorities
- Previous, external client interface and relationship management strongly preferred
- Hands on approach and expert command of details
- Excellent interpersonal communication and critical problem-solving skills
- An optimistic outlook and “can do” attitude.
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.