Engine is comprised of best-in-class specialist companies across a multitude of marketing discipline across multiple channels. Engine is a new breed of marketing services network. We are more than a holding company - we are a culture and an approach. The current businesses that comprise Engine Group include market research, creative and marketing services, and digital content production employing over 2,200 people in 9 main offices worldwide.
The Office Manager will be a critical role for our Chicago office, home to 60+ employees and three distinct business units. We aim to grow and support a common culture across each of the business units, one that is fun, fast-paced and hard working. The Office Manager will ensure that our office is a warm, inviting, creative environment that is supportive of our values and the needs of our employees.
This position will create and maintain a pleasant work environment, ensure high levels of organizational effectiveness, communication and safety. Your responsibilities include scheduling meetings and appointments, procuring office supplies, planning in-house or off-site activities, like parties, celebrations and conferences and providing general administrative support. Ultimately, the Office Manager will be responsible for ensuring the smooth running of the office, help to improve company procedures and day-to-day operations as well as support and enhance our company culture.
- Serve as main point of contact for building management: repairs, heating/cooling, life safety, security (visitor and vendor access), vendor certificates of insurance
- Manage vendor relationships for office supplies, pantry equipment and supplies, janitorial, fire extinguishers, pest control, shredding services, off-site file storage, furniture, lighting, painter, plumber, electrician
- Coordinate/schedule use of board rooms and huddle spaces, print and post calendar daily
- Manage catering for client and internal meetings/events
- Point person for Engine visitors from other offices, assigning desk space/office use
- Manage inbound/outbound S. Mail, FedEx, and messenger service
- Set up new hire desks, reset desks when employees leave, coordinate internal relocations
- Maintain seating chart and coordinate with IT when changes arise
- Lead cultural initiatives like Toy Drives, Veteran donations, Take Your Kids To Work Day, internal/external social events
- Administrative task and projects as needed (T&E support)
- Maintain a seat at Reception, greeting guests, announcing arrivals
- Manage switchboard/general mailbox, route calls, check voicemail
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent is required
- 3-5 years previous relevant work experience is required
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to independently prioritize work and complete assignments in a timely manner
- Ability to pay close attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to review data, offer options, and resolve problems
- Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, and Internet applications
- Ability to communicate with individuals in an articulate, professional manner
- Knowledge of shipping procedures and postal regulations