Office Manager at PerkSpot
Bring your love of order, and natural people-pleasing abilities, to our fast-paced, rapidly growing office!
PerkSpot is a benefits company that offers perks and discounts, as well as rewards and recognition, to millions of employees. We work to secure exclusive discounts from top brands like Apple, Target, and Samsung, which are then bundled into one, easy-to-use platform. From there, we partner with some of America’s top employers, like Walgreen’s, McDonald’s, and Uber, who provide those discounts to employees so they can start to save on everything from gym memberships and movie tickets to electronics, new cars, and travel.
Our company was founded in 2006 by good people with great vision, and we’re working hard to carry out that mission to this day. As we continue, we’re proud of our leadership position in the tech and human resources industry, but we’re committed to doing even more – developing better products, reaching more employers, and getting more employees engaged with our platform. We may have started small, but we’ve grown quickly, and proved ourselves and our product while doing so. In 2018, our company announced an additional investment of $50 million dollars from Susquehanna Growth Equity. This next stage of growth will focus on expanding our use of technology – specifically machine learning and AI – to consistently put the right perks in front of the right people, at the right time.
About the Role:
As we expand, we’re looking for a full-time, hands-on, Office Manager to be the welcoming face of PerkSpot. You’ll keep the office running smoothly, the office environment happy and healthy, and highlight and reinforce our core values of humility, valuing people, aiming high, and having fun.
A successful candidate will have:
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- A strong work ethic and a roll-up-your-sleeves, can-do attitude
- An outgoing and friendly nature, with an abundance of positivity
- Proficiency in the use of email, internet, and Microsoft Office products
- Professional in appearance and attire
- Prior experience in the service/hospitality industry and/or facilities management a plus
Your First Month
- Jump right in! Your first month here at PerkSpot will be spent getting to know the culture (culture is huge here), becoming familiar with office processes and procedures, and cultivating relationships with key vendors and providers;
- Work with our Ops team and Project Managers on our exciting expansion into an additional 14,000 square feet of office space;
- On a daily basis, ensure the office is clean, organized, and properly stocked
- Complete orders to restock office and cleaning supplies
- Complete food orders for company meetings and events
- Support and oversee company celebrations, which happen roughly once per month
- Inspect the work of the overnight cleaning crew, correcting issues and providing feedback as needed
- Support and oversee the weekly “Cheers!” recognition on Fridays, including beverage orders and delivery
Hours: Salaried position 40 hours per week, usually arriving by 8:15 to ensure the office is ready to go for the day.
Throughout Your Career Here
You’re going to provide the essential support that enables each and every employee to work to the best of their ability. You’ll be unflappable in the face of adversity, no matter the crisis (or imagined crisis!), and able to overcome obstacles and challenges to deliver reliably. You will manage resources within assigned budgets and proactively identify new processes and improvements to the office that enhance our effectiveness and work environment.
You will take-on new opportunities to show increasing responsibility and ownership of projects and important assignments. We view this position as an excellent opportunity for someone to establish and grow their career in a positive and supportive office environment.
The Perks of Working at PerkSpot
PerkSpot offers the full suite of benefits you’d expect from a profitable, established company, including health and dental insurance, 401(k), pre-tax transit benefits, and fully-funded disability coverage.
We’re a team of owners. Every employee is included in our equity program. Given our success, our owners are generally already “in the money”, so we are all aligned to ensure our continued business success.
We work out of our office in Chicago’s River North neighborhood. We dress how we like, boast an open time-off policy, stock a good beer selection, and we’re pretty obsessive about our coffee. We have in-office bike storage, showers on site, and a private gym. We hold Friday all-company get-togethers where we learn from what went wrong and celebrate what went right. Every week at PerkSpot we aim a little higher and get a little better than the previous week. Come join us!
All applications will be kept strictly confidential. Please submit a resume AND a cover letter (a cover letter is very important to us), telling us how you stack up to the qualifications, plus any other information you feel would be relevant to PerkSpot. Don’t be afraid to show your spark and personality!
All positions require a full background screening.