Office Services Coordinator
Office Services Coordinator, Reception (Chicago)
Job Summary and Mission
This position will be a member of the Office & People Services Team at our Headquarters location at 600 W. Chicago Avenue and report directly to the Office Services Supervisor.
Full-Time, Hourly Position:
Monday – Friday: 7-4pm CST
- must clock in and out to register work hours
- must be at assigned desk and ready to clock in at 7 am
- clock out for 1-hour lunch break mandatory, 2, 15-minute breaks optional
- Available to extend hours over coverage periods (working lunch and/or extend to 5:00 pm clock out time) as reasonably requested.
- On occasion, available on a Saturday and/or Sunday to attend mandatory, team meeting (quarterly)
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- The focus of this position will be the Reception Desk
- Receptionist is the point of contact for all visitors to the office.
- Alerts employees to the arrival of all guests.
- Receives internal calls from employees, as well as calls from the Office of the Building and Security Desk in the Main Lobby.
- Handles Customer Service Call Overflow and assists and directs calls as appropriate.
- Develop an understanding of the internal layout and operations of entire office space in order to accommodate expeditious and correct answers to FAQ’s.
- Maintain and updates office key inventory program by keeping inventory in locked box, keeping key list confidential, ordering keys if requested, and providing temp keys to employees.
- Processes emails to [email protected] and transcribes work tickets through ioffice as needed.
- Handle office requests including but not limited to adding visitors to security list, creating new badges, deleting badges, creating shipping labels for Fed Ex & UPS, sorting incoming mail, providing supplies at front desk, postage stamps, and outgoing mail.
- Handle On-Boarding/Off-Boarding procedure as directed.
- Receive incoming packages (UPS, Fed Ex & USPS), log-in & sort and contact employee by email/phone to pick up package at front desk.
- Responsible for the appearance of the lobby including wiping the glass doors down several times a day, straightening and vacuuming floor mats as needed, as well as keeping the front desk clean and organized.
- Receive all magazines for reception area and organize and rotate daily/weekly as required.
- Straighten and organize reception room daily to keep up appearance of the lobby (remove trash, stock bottled water in fridge for guests, fill up candy dish, supplies, etc.)
- Handle misc. projects/tasks as requested (invoicing, binding, team initiatives, etc.).
- Receive and direct all lunch and special deliveries.
- Clock in and out for breaks and takes all breaks away from work area
- Expected to refrain from personal use of computer and cell-phone during working hours (i.e. social media/shopping etc).
- Participate in Facilities Team Meetings as needed.
- Minimum of a high school diploma required
- Customer service skills
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Engage with and understand our employees and visitors, including discovering and responding to needs through clear and pleasant communication
- Review, learn and comply with the Echo Rule book
- Available to perform many different tasks during each shift
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and request clarification when needed
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to build relationships and work as part of a team
Possess the ability to fulfill any office activities normally expected in an office setting, to include, but not limited to: remaining seated for periods of time to perform computer based work, participating in filing activity, lifting and carrying office supplies (paper reams, mail, etc.)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.