Onboarding Account Manager
Sprout Social is looking for highly driven, outgoing and tech-savvy Onboarding Account Managers to onboard and train new customers. As an Onboarding Account Manager, you will help clients extract the full value of Sprout Social during the beginning of their journey with us.
You are passionate about customer success and always put the customer first. You can handle a high volume of communication, prioritize multiple methods of communication at the same time, and never sacrifice the customer experience. You pride yourselves on being organized, detail-oriented, and empathetic.
Sprout Social is used by over 25,000 brands worldwide including Evernote, adidas, West Elm and Edelman. These businesses rely on Sprout to create stronger relationships with their customers through social media.
- Proven client relationship experience in the technology industry
- Experience delivering product training sessions via phone and web conference software
- Ability to manage simultaneous software implementations for multiple clients
- Enthusiastic about technology with demonstrated technical aptitude
- Empathy and a unique ability to understand customer needs
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- In-depth knowledge of social media tools
- Salesforce.com or other CRM experience is a plus
- Zendesk experience is a plus
- Social media management experience is a plus
Within 1 month, you will…
- Complete Sprout Social’s 3-week new hire training & onboarding program alongside other new Sprout team members. You’ll gain a broader understanding of our products and how your role fits into the organization.
- Meet your new hire training cohort and establish relationships across all areas of the company that will last for all of your time at Sprout and beyond
- Pass your Sprout certification
- Pass your mock call certifications with your mentor and your manager
- Meet with current members of the Customer Success Sales team individually to understand what’s working, what’s not, and gather learnings to implement into your role
- Shadow Customer Success Manager’s on calls to learn sales strategies and positioning
Within 3 months, you will…
- Complete the new hire mentor program, showing successful command of the Sprout product and how to drive customers towards success with the tools
- Work up to full funnel of about 50 customers
- Have a marked impact on product adoption levels for customers that you engage with
Within 6 months, you will…
- Meet agreed-upon goals and targets relating to activity levels, product adoption
- Begin to expand customer type in terms of size, industry, location etc.
Within 12 months, you will…
- Continue to meet and exceed goals and targets relating to daily activity and product adoption, in addition to positively influencing customer retention
- Obtain (solicited and unsolicited) peer and customer feedback
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success.
Team Sprout is a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We believe that true employee engagement cannot happen if you can’t bring your whole self to work, so we’re committed to building a diverse team, embracing an inclusive culture and investing in equity across our organization. That dedication is core to Sprout. We want all candidates, particularly those coming from traditionally underrepresented groups in the technology industry, to know they are welcome at Sprout.
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including generous company contributions
- Progressive benefit programs, like our parental leave program and free Divvy bike memberships
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment - your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability and life insurance
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and financial well-being of our team
- Breakfast and lunch options onsite, and more healthy snack options and beverages than you can imagine
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster (2) Sprout Social's Affirmative Action Statement (3) Pay Transparency Statement.
Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. We value the things that make us different and want to see how you can make our team better!