Onsite Desktop Engineer
Onsite Desktop Engineer
222 W Adams St, 11th Floor
Chicago, Illinois, 60606
West Monroe isn’t a start-up firm, but we act like one. From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better.
If you are looking to be a “behind the scenes” technologist, this isn’t the place for you. We celebrate driven professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. Our Managed Services team executes our “run” offering on behalf of our clients. We are a team of enthusiasts always focused on improving our execution and our client’s performance. Sound interesting? Then West Monroe Partners just might be the place for you. Think you're up to the challenge?
West Monroe Partners is currently seeking a “Desktop Engineer” within their Managed Services practice in the Chicago office. This person will be responsible for managing users and issues onsite with a client in the Chicago Loop. The Desktop Engineer is expected to be able to provide advanced desktop and end user support as well as assist with the support of server and network environments, including but not limited to Active Directory, local network devices and VoIP telephony.
Specific skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to:
* Thoroughly and accurately understand issues and analyze the problem in a systematic fashion.
* Analyze each specific request and determine the underlying problem and recommend proper solution.
* Understand and execute standard escalation procedures with tier two support.
* Strong communication skills to be able to work with employees to troubleshoot technical issues.
* Ability to respond calmly to high pressure situations and to professionally communicate with nontechnical staff, executives and vendors
* Strong background in Windows client operating systems, standard desktop applications (i.e. Office, Internet Explorer, anti-virus tools), Windows Server Operating Systems, Active Directory, Exchange, desktop imaging.
* General issues resolution for Exchange, MDM, BES, Citrix, Firewalls, VPNs, Polycom Video Conferencing and other more advanced pieces of infrastructure.
* Experience with Mobile device support, desktop imaging and Microsoft Teams/Skype
* Excellent organizational, time-management, verbal and written communication skills
* Microsoft (MCP, MCSA) certifications preferred
* 3-5 years customer service related experience,
* 2-3 years working as a sole technical resource preferred
* 1-2 years’ experience supporting backend IT infrastructure such as Exchange, Citrix and Active Directory
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer -
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.