The Role: Morningstar's Advisor Client group is looking for a talented Operations Analyst who would be focused on one of our flagship Software as a Service (SaaS) products - Advisor Workstation. The Advisor Client Experience team is responsible for developing and delivering a range of configured advisor solutions to the Enterprise Wealth Management segment, that often includes Broker Dealers, Registered Investment Advisors (RIAs) and Asset Managers. We are looking for an assertive, detail-oriented, self-starter who can work effectively in a highly collaborative team setting.
The Product Operations Analyst is a highly analytical individual, with strong change management skills, is passionate about Client service and Technology, and is focused on supporting products. You will coordinate, manage, and execute both operational tasks and projects that are cross-functional and cross-regional. You will help reduce friction, increase quality, drive efficiency, eliminate waste, and improve decision-making in the group.
We prefer for this position to be in our Chicago or Toronto office but will consider candidates working remotely in the United States or Canada where Morningstar is registered to conduct business. The ideal candidate will bring a high degree of self-motivated engagement and high connectivity/availability within our time zones.
- Own product operations tasks for maintenance, client configurations, and support.
- Serve as first-line product expert for internal questions and partner with client-facing teams to provide timely response to external questions.
- Create, maintain, and consult established product runbooks and other associated documentation.
- Use technical tools and other resources to access databases, reports, configuration consoles, and servers as necessary to accurately diagnose and carefully resolve incidents .
- Develop a thorough understanding of all products/services to support operational processes. Stay up to date on product changes, enhancements, and new releases.
- Assist with support and maintenance of solutions that have been deployed to live environment.
- Work with management team, project managers and developers to expedite and resolve internal and client operational issues.
- Work with internal and external teams to schedule, perform, and test routine maintenance, security, and compliance tasks.
- Evolve product operational process improvements.
- Identify opportunities for improving operational efficiency by automating operational tasks or enabling self-service features.
- Complete special projects tied to Operations as needed.
- 1-2+ years experience as an operations analyst, technical support analyst, or implementation team member (**Please note: nontechnical operations roles will be considered, so applicants who have worked with software teams should highlight that experience and passion.).
- 1-2+ years of hands-on knowledge working with modern technology applications: things like databases (queries/data lookups), technical tools, cloud technology, security, and/or system integrations.
- Knowledge and experience with Agile software development, and strong technical acumen.
- Willingness to juggle multiple different responsibilities and stakeholders to get things done (work with internal stakeholders, tech and product, with clients on gathering their needs, and doing what it takes "roll up the sleeves" to get innovative solutions to market).
- Strong analytical, planning and organizational skills for managing competing demands and priorities.
- Ability to understand complex business needs with a creative problem-solving mindset.
- Ability to drive sound decision-making and foster an environment of healthy team debate and collaboration.
- Strong customer-service focus.
- Ability to work well across globally distributed teams and influence the work of others.
- A bachelor's degree and knowledge of the financial industry is preferred.
001_MstarInc Morningstar Inc. Legal Entity