Operations Associate - Distribution
Farmer’s Fridge started with an idea in Chicago: make fresh, healthy food as accessible as a candy bar. Our handcrafted meals are delivered daily to over 200 smart fridges and can be conveniently purchased with a credit card or using our app. This is only possible because of our team of people: techies, logistical geniuses, folks who lovingly curate the food, among many others.
Our people are friendly and are gifted with grit and passion. That’s exemplified in our work environment where things are always shifting. We are proving that you can efficiently and safely produce high quality, super fresh food, at scale to drive change in the food system and empower people to eat happier and healthier.
About the role:
We are developing a unique distribution model to make fresh food accessible to everyone. We are looking for a passionate and energetic individual to support the day to day aspects of our distribution business, ensuring we can meet the demands of our rapidly growing customer base.
What kind of person are we looking for?
- You are resourceful, scrappy, and you find a way to get things done. It would never occur to you to say “that’s not my job”
- You are self-motivated, self-directed, and eager to take ownership of tasks to ensure solution
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Openly collaborative (big egos need not apply!)
- Willing to work odd hours when needed - we are a 24-7 operation and developing aspects of our distribution system means sometimes working outside the typical 9-5
In a typical week, you will…
- Schedule Fridge Installations, moves, and pick-ups. Act as the point with our install team
- Assist in hiring Drivers and Service Technicians
- Maintain and upload Fridge records in our Asset Management system
- Ensure all vehicles have appropriate permits, stickers, registration, and insurance
- Procure and track driver badges. Ensure that driver badges are ready for new stops or driver changes
- Audit vehicles records
- Order and track iPads and vehicle accessories (e.g., chargers and dollies)
- Monitor Fridge preventative maintenance schedule
- 1-3 years of experience relevant to the above
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Intermediate abilities in MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and G Suite
- Good verbal and written communications skills
- The ability to operate in ambiguous situations and be flexible as the organization changes and grows
- A deep passion for food and the Farmer's Fridge mission to improve people’s lives through 24/7 access to fresh food
- Traditional Benefits -- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Short Term Disability, LTD
- 10 paid holidays
- Generous PTO policy
- Daily Fridge Credits
- Monthly cell phone credit
- Spontaneous company events and community service activities
- Work with a phenomenal team of individuals that are constantly pushing the market boundaries to offer healthy food at the utmost convenience.
Farmer’s Fridge is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
View our disclosures related to External Agencies and Applicants.