Operations Coordinator - Groupon Goods
Can a coordinator really help grow a business?
Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfill our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a vibrant, global marketplace for local services, experiences and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success. If you want to take more ownership of your career, then you're ready to be part of Groupon.
Groupon Goods, the retail arm of our business, is a daily one-stop shop for brand-name essentials and unexpected, one-of-a-kind finds. For our merchants, this means massive exposure, smart promotion, and reliable fulfillment. For our customers, this means great deals on a variety of products ranging from electronics to clothing, home goods to beauty.
Working in Goods, you will join a retail-savvy team whose goal is to procure and provide customers with the products they want, when they want them. As the Operations Coordinator you are responsible for the successful ongoing operations of Groupon Goods Supply Chain team. You will use your experience in customer service and logistics for supply chain optimization. You’ll be hands-on in fulfillment optimization, working with both our supply as well as merchandising teams to implement solutions, handle vendor communications and administrative processes to enable optimized fulfillment.
You will be actively working with vendors, answering questions on benefits of supply chain programs, handling purchase order adjustments, and connecting with the merchandising team to actively bring on new deals. You will also analyze the performance and adoption of key programs, help identify gross profit benefit, and work closely with several supply chain operations teams in Goods, including merchandising, inventory management, transportation/freight, warehouse operations, and vendor operations. We are aiming to find the right balance between fulfillment cost, inventory risk and order to delivery time.
You'll spend time on the following:
- You will handle vendor emails, answer fulfillment questions, help buyers negotiate prices, and act as a cross-functional liaison to help provide a smooth experience for our vendors and merchandising teams.
- You will partner with multiple teams across the Goods organization. This includes warehouse operations team, vendor operations, inventory management teams, and forecasting team
- You would also be a part of providing business visibility through dashboarding in Tableau, SQL queries, MS Excel, and Google Cloud products
- Build and maintain subject matter expertise in Inventory and Logistics in driving down cycle time and reducing costs
- You will help build an excellent working relationship with Groupon’s vendors
We're excited about you if you have:
- BS degree in Industrial Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Business Administration, Management, Marketing, Accounting, or Finance
- 0-2 years of work experience in Supply chain and logistics optimization industry
- Rich experience to work on big data to identify actionable business opportunities and long-term strategies
- We prefer knowledge of logistics/supply chain and fulfillment operation. Knowledge of data analytics tools such as SQL and Tableau is a plus.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office software (specifically Excel)
We value coordinators who are:
- Customer-focused: We believe that doing what’s right for the customer—both internal and external—is ultimately what will drive our business forward.
- Team players: You believe that more can be achieved together. You have a knack for bridging gaps between teams to reach organizational goals.
- Pragmatic: You know how to translate insight into action, translating business user requirements into functional requirements.
- Organized: You have a knack for balancing day-to-day responsibilities with long-term goals and stay organized.
- Proactive: You seize opportunities to improve processes and present new, creative solutions to roadblocks or challenges.
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.