Avant is a high growth financial technology company, dedicated to lowering the barriers of borrowing for all consumers. Since 2012, Avant has secured more than $4 billion in funding and connected customers to over $5 billion through 800,000 transactions and counting. Through big data and machine learning, Avant’s mission is to provide better access to responsible financial products. Avant has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg, and has raised over $600 million of equity capital. Visit www.avant.com, for more information.
Avant is looking for a member to join the Resolutions Department. The Resolutions Department is responsible for account remediations and analytical assessment of issues escalated from Operations. The team is responsible for investigating, processing, and responding to a wide variety of customer inquiries and escalations received through multiple channels.
In this role you must have a basic understanding of interest calculations and a moderate degree of knowledge of consumer lending rules and regulations including but not limited to Fair Lending, UDAAP, ECOA, FCRA, SCRA and Title11. SQL skills will be required for some tasks and investigations.
What you do at Avant
- Tracking, investigating, and responding to customer inquiries and escalations in a timely fashion
- Working with management to identify and escalate system or process issues, trends, and suggest improvements
- Identifying areas for automation, business process improvement, and efficiency gains
- Creating/assisting in writing project specifications for developers that lead to efficiency gains and reductions in risk
- Conducting root cause and scope analysis on issues escalated from Operations
- Additional projects and duties as needed
Why you are a fit for Avant
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to absorb and apply technical skills, systems, processes, and methodology
- Ability to analyze and interpret data as well as state and federal regulations
- Strong experience with MS Office and Google applications
- Intermediate SQL skills
- BA/BS from an accredited university
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.