Panopta is a SaaS monitoring platform that helps companies monitor their infrastructure from every angle - external, on-server, and behind the firewall. We've been able to remain small and nimble while scaling our product to meet the needs of any customer and environment. We recently raised a round of funding and are looking to accelerate our growth. We’re also a pretty nerdy group.
Our office is located in the Loop, within walking distance of the CTA and both Metra terminations. We are still planning our office re-opening strategy after Covid-19, but we expect a mix of working from home and working in the office will be required.
The Operations Engineer is responsible management and maintenance of the infrastructure that supports the Panopta platform. These include cloud services, virtual servers, and bare metal servers and storage.
A successful Operations Engineer will:
- Have experience and a deep level of understanding of a variety of technologies including operating systems (Linux, other unix versions, Windows), system management tools such as cloud APIs and Ansibile,
- Track their work in Clickup and prioritize work with the team, management, and company goals and objectives.
- Actively participate in process and system improvement activities, such as regularly scheduled reviews of operational issues, change management and monitoring.
- Work closely with the DevOps engineer and the engineering team to provide resilient and reliable service.
- Schedule, monitor, and test backups required to meet DR and SLA requirements
- Experience owning infrastructure in production as well as, designing and creating build/deploy and monitoring systems.
- Experience managing cloud environments.
- Scripting experience with python and unix shells language.
- MySQL or similar SQL database management experience
- Ability to speak clearly & confidently about technology and internet concepts and interact with other technical resources
- Technical understanding of core Internet technology (DNS, HTTP, TCP/IP, routing, firewalls, etc.)
- Deep experience running Linux or Unix in real-world production environments preferably at scale. At least some level of experience with basic Windows operation and administration.
- A team oriented attitude and interest in working closely with other groups in the company.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to properly prioritize operations, customer impacting issues and project tasks.