Founded in 2013, Home Chef is the leading meal solutions company with both a retail and online presence. Available online at homechef.com and in retail at more than 2,100 Kroger grocery stores, Home Chef is committed to inspiring and enabling more people to cook simple, delicious meals, no matter how busy they are.
Similar to our recipes, we recognize that variety is the spice of life, and therefore, our employees also bring their uniqueness and color to our fantastic team. We’re eager to work with humble team players and pragmatic next-level thinkers to innovate on Home Chef’s offerings.
While most of us continue to work remotely, our newly renovated headquarters at the Old Post Office is open for voluntary return to work. Our organization is closely following the evolving COVID-19 pandemic and will share updates on our 2022 return to the office plan as soon as any decisions are made.
Sometimes referred to as Home Chef’s operations “SWAT” team, the Ops Ex team works on cross-functional initiatives that help to define the future state of the operations organization. The team prides themselves on being great problem solvers and thought partners. The Ops Ex team is a key partner to the fulfillment team, creating and maintaining technologically-driven tools to enable more efficient processes, and serving as the operations organization’s center for strategy development. The Manager, Operations Excellence helps lead the strategy function, and the ‘digital SWAT’ function, which runs KPI reporting, demand forecasting, and data analytics. The Manager Is responsible for supporting the priorities and expectations of the team, delivering strategic recommendations, and acting as a key subject matter expert and partner to fulfillment teams.
- Run regular and ad-hoc meetings, maintaining close regular contact with all team members
- Host routine 1:1 meetings with the digital SWAT team developing talent and coaching performance
- team of analysts and programmers to work collaboratively to deliver results
Maintain morale and a healthy, productive working culture:
- Align team structure with business priorities and recruit high-caliber individuals to join the team
Setting strategic priorities:
- Help develop strategic priorities for the team in line with the company’s overall strategic priorities
- Oversee fulfillment KPIs & reporting; use data to identify highest-impact project work
- Help team to structure project work and deliver clear, data-driven recommendationsDrive project work from strategy to project recommendation and partner with CI team for implementation with the fulfillment teams.
Strategic Project Work:
- Own highest priority and impact project work as necessary. Includes analysis, project management, and strategic recommendations
- Support 3rd party vendors with tools and guidance to coordinate delivery between sites and customers
- Continuously optimize production plans and planning tools to support plant function
Collaboration with operations technology team:
- Develop V1.0 of tools and reporting to support efficiency and quality improvements at the plants
- Act as conduit between plants and IT for targeted quick support and results
- Partner with operations technology team as business lead in the development of technology-driven applications to implement in the plants
- 2+ years of experience in a strategic role preferably with people management and a focus on operations
- Consulting and/or MBA background preferred but not required
- Excellent analytical skills; strong capabilities in Excel, Google Sheets and Google Scripts
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Strong prioritization and project management skillsExcellent communication skills, with experience creating buy in with a range of stakeholders such as hourly employees, customers, suppliers, and executives
- Proactive in identifying problems and finding innovative solutions
- Ability to understand the big picture as well as exceptional attention to detail
- Skilled at dealing with ambiguity and working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience spearheading execution on large-scale, high-impact projects
- Experience in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and/or other characteristics needed for this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
Perks and benefits:
- Candidates can experience Home Chef as a customer - enter promo code PEOPLE30 for $30 off your first order!
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance available
- Paid holidays, sick time and vacation time
- 401k program
- Flexible spending accounts for qualified medical, dependent care, parking, or transit expenses
How We Work Together
We are humble team players.
We are warm and gracious with team members and customers. We seek feedback to improve ourselves - and respectfully listen to and accept input.
We are pragmatic next-level thinkers.
We come up with novel and unique ideas. We explore new strategies to avoid being constrained by conventional thinking.
We take ownership.
We approach ambiguous problems, prepared to dive in, get curious, and learn more. We are results-driven, always challenging ourselves to exceed goals.
Be at Home at Home Chef
We all show up authentically at Home Chef. Our team includes individuals with a variety of identities, backgrounds, and perspectives. You can trust that you’ll be able to bring your whole self to an inclusive and enjoyable workplace.
We welcome people of all races, colors, religions, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disabilities, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged/sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
Home Chef is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Home Chef will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact our People team at [email protected]
Home Chef is an equal opportunity employer.
To view the California Applicant Notice click here