Chowbus is a fast growing, well-funded food startup headquartered here in Chicago on a mission to help diners to discover new and exquisite dishes, and to give traditional mom and pop restaurants a fighting chance to succeed without compromising who they truly are. By building a superb app and world-class operations, our goal is to be the one stop shop for everything related to food.
At Chowbus, an Operations Manager for Driver Management is the true owner of their area, working to build and maintain high-functioning driver recruiting and support operations. The role involves using data and process improvements to create better outcomes for Chowbus’ customers and working with stakeholders around the company to centralize our operations. A successful candidate for this role will be analytical, empathetic to the customer and driver experiences, and have a bias toward action.
What you'll do:
- Analyze data & analytics to build strategy for driver management team
- Train and develop team members for operational versatility and career advancement
- Own the operational roadmap and collaborate with Product teams to improve the driver experience
- Collaborate with General Managers to grow existing markets while also expanding into new markets
- Identify process improvement opportunities and own implementation
- Rapidly scale operations where customer demand and geographic expansion require it
What you'll need:
- Have at least 2+ years of experience managing operations and/or project teams focused on operational initiatives.
- Have a 4 year degree; an MBA or Master’s degree in business related fields would be a plus.
- Have a track record of operational success and advancing to roles with increased responsibility and impact.
- Are proficient in extracting insights from operational metrics and making data-driven decisions.
- Have a customer-first mindset and prioritize their experience in making business decisions.
- Have experience directly managing and developing teams of people.
- Can influence peers and senior management through clear thinking and communication.
- Learn by quickly testing out new hypotheses.
- Have experience in achieving consistent results in an environment with team members in distributed locations.
Chowbus is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.