Chowbus is a fast growing, well-funded food startup headquartered in Chicago and is on a mission to help diners to discover new and exquisite dishes, and to give traditional mom and pop restaurants a fighting chance to succeed in an increasingly digital world without compromising who they truly are. By building a superb app and world-class operations, our goal is to be the one stop shop for everything related to food.
At Chowbus, the Point-of-Sale (POS) team is focused on building best-in-class operations to support our POS business line. Our team works closely with product, engineering and sales to grow and improve Chowbus’s POS efforts.
The Operations Manager is responsible for …
- Identify opportunities for improvement through data analysis and implement suggestions
- Incubate, optimize, scale and manage all operations related to Chowbus’s POS product
- Collaborate with product and engineering to test and rollout features to our POS product
- Build and maintain an inventory management system for tracking and shipping POS hardware to restaurants
- Discover new problems and opportunities, prioritize and dive head first into solving and implementing solutions
- Work with senior management and product teams to prioritize and price software improvements to our POS technology
We are excited if you…
- Have at least 4+ years of experience managing operations and/or project teams focused on operational initiatives.
- Have a 4 year degree; an MBA or Master’s degree in business related fields would be a plus.
- Have a track record of operational success and advancing to roles with increased responsibility and impact. Experience in a tech-focused company or fast-paced startup is a plus.
- Are proficient in extracting insights from operational metrics and making data-driven decisions. SQL proficiency is a plus.
- Have a partner-first mindset and prioritize their experience in making business decisions.
- Can influence peers and senior management through clear thinking and communication.
- Learn by quickly testing out new hypotheses.
- Have experience in achieving consistent results in an environment with team members in distributed locations.
Chowbus is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.