About the position
We are looking for a rockstar Operations Manager who is excited to oversee our Chicago office. This is an opportunity to make an impact on the day-to-day operations as well as help creatively further our Showpad company culture. You will report to the FP&A Director, work closely with the President/COO and collaborate with other departments.
In this role, you will have to pivot from both operational as well as strategic responsibilities with the goal of keeping the employees happy and the workplace running smoothly. As we continue to grow, there will be needs to scale our internal processes and systems as well as work on larger one-off projects to help us expand in a way that is true to our values. This is a great opportunity to diversify your skill-set and get involved in different areas within a growing scale-up.
Key responsibilities as an Operations Manager at Showpad
- Manage facilities and office space use: facility plan, space optimization and support services.
- Manage current onsite office team of two direct reports.
- Liaise, manage and negotiate with contractors, vendors and external business partners.
- Coordinate discussions with selected vendors or suppliers regarding goal setting, performance criteria, and performance review.
- Manage office G&A budget, ensure accurate and timely reporting
- Interface with the building’s property management as well as all of our office service vendors to keep the office in pristine condition at all times (electricity, cleaning, maintenance, etc.)
- Manage the daily delivery of existing service contracts.
- Manage all internal events such as happy hours, company celebrations, team building, etc.
- Maintain/create relationships with food/beverage, supply and other service vendors and manage spend to ensure that we are getting the best value from our vendors.
- Partner with Accounting/Finance teams on vendor contracts and invoices.
- Assist team in coordinating logistics for new employees as well as managing offboarding of exiting employees
- Maintain all workplace safety programs and document operational processes, policies, controls for the business
- Scheduling of all corporate travel and liaison with the corporate travel agent
Skills we are looking for:
- At least 7 years experience in office coordination, general administration, or facilities operations (startup experience is preferred)
- Budgeting and vendor relationship experience
- Previous office build out experience
- Service oriented: can-do positive attitude, welcoming, considerate, resourceful, tech-savvy, and quick on your feet with a strong sense of ensuring that all employees and guests have a positive experience at the office
- Embody the attitude that no task is too small if it aids in the improvement of the company and morale
- Enjoy working in a dynamic and continuously changing work environment
- Excellent troubleshooting, problem solving and project management skills with a curiosity to problem solve, analyze root cause and identify corrective actions to prevent recurrence
- Exceptionally organized, detail-oriented, dependable, and proven track record of strong execution on large-scale projects and process improvement
- Experience managing budgets, saving costs, and researching better solutions.
- Project Management
- Cross collaboration and communication with different teams and offices