Operations Manager at West Monroe Partners
222 W Adams St, 11th Floor
Chicago, Illinois, 60606
West Monroe isn’t a start-up consulting firm, but we act like one.
From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better.
West Monroe Partners is looking for a Manager to lead our Chicago Operations team and support the Chicago office leader with local office strategy and management. In this role, you will be the face of the office, leading office culture and driving employee engagement, while ensuring that the office is running smoothly and is well maintained. You will oversee t he planning and execution of our quarterly meetings and other internal initiatives/office events and will help coordinate the monthly office leadership team meetings. You will also partner with our Chicago office leader to execute office-centric strategic projects and report on operational and strategic metrics, which will require partnership with multiple shared services functions, including Marketing, Corporate Development, Talent Acquisition, and Corporate Communications.
This Manager must take initiative, plan for and manage the needs of our largest (and continually growing) office, collaborate with practice directors and office leadership, and respond accordingly while working in an environment with competing priorities and deadlines.
Other responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to the following:
* Maintain a positive attitude and drive the elevation of employee morale through every interaction and event, serving as a key figure for in-office events and local community events with WMP presence
* Manage office-wide newsletters and communications, as needed, coordinating with the Corporate Communications team to ensure timely delivery and balance with other office and firm communications
* Own or participate in special projects related to Chicago office strategy execution as defined and requested by the Chicago office lead; own reporting related to Chicago office strategy
* Own the Chicago office operations and practice development budget
* Oversee the Chicago Operations team, including the receptionist and 3 operations support roles, and ensure responsibilities such as conference room booking, catering requests, reporting, and event management are addressed in a timely and efficient manner
* Oversee the day-to-day office needs and create policies, procedures, and plans (as needed) for office sustainability such as office cleanliness, office standards, visitor experience, and others as determined necessary
* Oversee teammates responsible for partnering with our property management team and other 3rd party vendors that support office operations, including janitorial, food/beverage services, internal security, and others as needed
* Oversee purchasing of all office-related needs, including office supplies and snacks, coffee, and beverages
* Oversee standard office and practice reporting as determined necessary by the Chicago office leader and in conjunction with the firmwide needs defined by the COO
* Oversee the planning and execution of office-wide meetings, including offsite quarterly events and other in-house events
* Other duties as assigned/determined necessary by the Chicago office lead
* 5-7 years of experience in a professional services environment
* Strong knowledge of business process / functional consulting
* Effective and executive level presentation skills
* Experience managing or analyzing P&L statements
* Proven experience coaching and mentoring junior team members
* Minimum of 5 years of managing complex functional and/or IT projects / people
* Excellent oral and written communication skills, with ability and comfort level communicating with senior management
* Project management skills and previous experience managing a team
* Advanced knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
* Superior organizational skills with strong ability to prioritize multiple projects and deadlines under minimal supervision
* High energy, positive attitude, self-starter, and independent thinker
* Bachelor’s degree
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer -
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.