Operations Project Coordinator I at VelocityEHS
VelocityEHS Operations Project Coordinators lead the backend activities that are needed to support the VelocityEHS services team with exceeding their client's expectations. They perform and/or coordinate the heavy-lifting, and they see that the "T's" are all crossed and the "I's" are all dotted before a VelocityEHS services project is delivered to a client.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARENT LIMITED TO:
- Concurrent management of the backend operational elements of numerous VelocityEHS service projects, primarily involving (M)SDS library-building and/or updating.
- Specialize in VelocityEHS Chemical Management library-building or updating/maintenance services, as well as a thorough knowledge of the (M)SDS landscape in general.
- Confirm and redefine scope, establish project timelines, obtain necessary files/information from internal customers, coordinate with Vendor and Obtainment Operations staff, provide ongoing project communication and status updates, and help to resolve project-related issues.
- Ensure timely project delivery within established quality guidelines.
- Collect and document various project delivery, success, and performance metrics and data.
- Perform various project-related operational tasks, such as (but not limited to): project template creation, file management, data entry, (M)SDS obtainment, MSDSonline database searching, paper document sorting or scanning, electronic image file type conversions, (M)SDS database maintenance and QA, data scrubbing and filtering, spreadsheet analysis and QA, and file and data processing within the Content Management Application.
- Coordinate with other operations teams to perform quality assurance, boost (M)SDS obtainment success rates, and to exceed customer expectations.
- Assist with other tasks as assigned by department leadership.
Minimal Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline or equivalent work experience
- 1-2 years of related professional experience
- Proficient in MS Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and especially Excel)
- Proficient with internet browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work both independently, with minimal supervision, or as part of a team
- Strong organizational skills
- Detail-oriented and analytical
- Ability to multi-task and complete quality work in a deadline-driven environment
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Familiarity with Access and SQL Beginner
- Knowledgeable with Adobe Acrobat/Distiller (PDF) Beginner
- Familiarity with Salesforce Beginner
- Experience taking ownership of issues/projects and following through to completion Beginner
- Proven commitment to deliver outstanding customer service Beginner
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
At VelocityEHS, success is an everyday occurrence. Everyone who walks through our doors has an opportunity to make an impact. Our people make the difference at VelocityEHS – that's why we're not just looking for people with the right skills, but for those with the right drive, the right passion and the right character to make our entire team better. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
We’re driven by the work we do to keep others safe, but we also like to have fun while doing it. We believe in producing great results, but also in enjoying the ride. Work-Life balance means two things at VelocityEHS – having time for your life outside of work, and taking steps to bring more life into the workplace. Between all the variety of workplace events, volunteer opportunities and other group activities available, we never forget that dynamic people need and deserve a place to work.
Finally, we understand that taking care of our customers starts with taking care of our employees. Our benefits include excellent medical and dental plans, matching 401(k) saving plan, generous PTO and more. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.