Operations Specialist Lead
About The Opportunity
We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With more than 85,000 restaurants and over 15.6 million active diners across 1,600 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table.
Having a hard time putting your smartphone down because you love communicating? Wanna get paid to do just that – on behalf of a sweet company? Well oh happy day … this may be the job for you. GrubHub is looking for a Delivery Operations Lead to join our customer care team to bring smiles and delight to the thousands of hungry diners and restaurant partners on a daily basis. As a Delivery Operations Lead, you’ll handle as many communication channels as humanly possible to allocate delivery orders to drivers, ensure that the food deliveries occur as quickly as possible and that our diners are well fed and happy. This position requires a serious multi-tasker and we’ll give mad bonus points if you’re organized and have a positive attitude.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Serve restaurants, diners and drivers by helping get food to its destination quickly and safely
- Communicate with drivers and restaurants via voice, text and chat
- Use technology to find the best routes for drivers
- Manage the operations specialists, schedule assignments to ensure operational success
- Work with restaurants to facilitate delivering orders using GrubHub technology.
- Solve tough logistical problems, communicate with other departments with issues and solutions.
- Other projects as assigned
You Should Have
- Flexible hours a must (including evenings, weekends and holidays)
- College Degree preferred
- 2 years of customer service/call center or dispatch experience preferred
- Great attention to detail
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Solid computer/smartphone skills
- Ability to manage stress
- Strong love to help others succeed
- A wide degree of creativity, it’s fun to work at GrubHub so the service experience should be equally as fun
And Of Course, Perks!
Full time employees are eligible for the following benefits
* Medical, Dental, Vision and other voluntary benefits
* 401K plan with guaranteed match
* Employer Paid Life Insurance and Short Term Disability Benefits
* Paid Time Off & Holiday Pay
*Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
*Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.