About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 21.2 million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 140,000 restaurants in 2,700 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, AllMenus and MenuPages).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
We’re looking for an exceptionally driven and detail-oriented individual with a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude to join the Market Operations team. You’ll be responsible for ensuring consistent execution of day-to-day operations of your respective workflow, focusing on monitoring delivery orders and ensuring timely delivery. Using real time data, the Operations Specialist identifies potential issues and solves them before they become problems. A real self-starter, you should have a passion for solving hard problems -- plus a proven track record of getting things done.
Grubhub is a dynamic, rapidly growing business; we foster a culture of scrappy entrepreneurs. Learning and improving are core to our execution. In addition, you must be able to work effectively with a diverse set of functions and adapt as the business grows.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Manage order level execution to ensure orders are delivered on time
- Identify and solve problems; diagnose issues in a data-driven manner and implement solutions.
- Effectively communicate with drivers, restaurants, and diners to ensure efficiency and accuracy in deliveries via phone and chat
- Utilize technology and use of multiple software systems to ensure the best service for all
You Should Have
The ideal candidate must have demonstrated the ability to complete tasks in an organized manner, while paying close attention to details. In addition, the position is ideal for someone who is driven to succeed in a fast paced, varied environment and who has the ability to anticipate and adapt to difficult situations. We are looking for someone who can learn swiftly and shift workflows as we shift our focus.
Skills / Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Customer Service Experience-friendly, positive, can handle difficult situations
- 1-2 years Customer Service or Operations Experience preferred
- Prioritizing multiple tasks and strong attention to detail is a must
- Excellent written and verbal communicator
- Proficient with a variety of computer programs and ability to learn new programs quickly
And Of Course, Perks!
- PTO. It’s true, we provide you a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.