Oracle AgilePLM Technical Analyst at Motorola Solutions
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewOn any given day, every moment matters to someone, somewhere. And every moment, Motorola Solutions’ innovations, products and services play essential roles in people’s lives.
We help firefighters see around buildings and police officers see around street corners. We keep utility workers connected and visible to each other with real-time voice and data communication across the smart grid. And we provide the situational awareness first responders need when a moment brings catastrophe. We help people be their best in their moments that matter.
Our IT organization isn’t just here to support our business. We’re here to reinvent it – by changing the way our customers, partners and employees interact with our company. To do that, we’re looking for people who bring great ideas and who make our partners’ ideas better. Intellectually curious advisors (not order takers) who focus on outcomes to creatively solve business problems. People who not only embrace change, but who accelerate it.
We are seeking an IT PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) Solution Lead who is a lifetime student, passionate about the use of technology to achieve business goals and can co-create the vision with business partners. The role requires deep experience with Oracle AgilePLM development and configuration. S/he is self-motivated, thrives on working across multiple teams, and can use technology to solve complex business problems.
Scope of Responsibilities/Expectations:
This position is for a PLM Technical lead in the IT Front Office Engineering organization. The primary responsibility will be the technical lead role of Oracle AgilePLM and secondary responsibility will be to provide technical support to Engineering Hardware applications as needed. Additional responsibilities will include the following:
- Owns end-to-end responsibility for Product Lifecycle Management application and it’s capability roadmap.
- Collaborate with cross-functional IT teams, and project leads (IT and/or Business) to deliver projects
- Responsible for requirements gathering, analysis, design, coding, configuration, testing, and integration of PLM software features, and all software management, integration and validation activities support.
- Responsible for PLM process extensions, tools and processes to improve and automate build workflow, troubleshooting complex technical problems.
- Secondary responsibility includes learning of applications other than PLM in the Hardware Engineering space, such as Cadence, Windchill and contribute to development and automation of engineering processes.
- Navigating the IT organization to deliver results quickly. Collecting the appropriate resources and skill-sets to address issues, problems, and opportunities presented by the business-aligned IT Services teams.
- Developing and growing the relationship between the IT organization and our business partners.
- Supporting bi-directional communication between the IT organization and the business-aligned teams. Communicating plans, projects, and priorities across the organizations.
- Participating and leading project meetings to ensure understanding of requirements, timing, resource requirements.
- Participating and leading management meetings to ensure understanding of solution roadmaps, priorities, schedules, constraints.
- Escalates IT related issues to our IT support organization to ensure service satisfaction and sustained operations. Manages the relationship and performance of IT vendors, deliverable, and contracts.
- Ensures compliance to IT financial processes, procurement, and contract management processes.
- Champion IT to the business and communicate business strategies effectively and regularly to key IT stakeholders.
A total of 5 - 10+ years of experience in this role is required. Proven skills in the following areas are required:
Technical Knowledge/Skills Required:
- 5+ years of experience in the design, configuration, development and debugging of software for Oracle AgilePLM system.
- Out of the 5+ years of experience, some of the experience should be in a business facing role.
- Expertise in Oracle Design to Release Process Integration Pack (DTR PIP). MSI AgilePLM system has interfaces to multiple Oracle ERP systems via Oracle PIP interface.
- Expertise in Process Extension/SDK development, and at least one of the following - Web Services, REST and SOAP APIs
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience in source control management tools GIT, SVN etc
- Experience in Weblogic servers management
- Experience in Oracle DB, SQL, PL/SQL
- Experience in programming languages - Java SDK, Agile SDK/Process Extensions, Event framework.
- Experience in Product Configuration Management, PIM, PDM, and PLM business processes including Bill of Materials (BOM), Parts, Approved Manufacturer List (AML), Engineering Change Orders (ECO), and Product Environmental Compliance.
- Experience in Electrical and Mechanical CAD systems such as Cadence Suite, PTC Creo
Non-Technical Knowledge/Skills Required:
- Self Starter & technical visionary with an entrepreneurial spirit! We want and love new ideas to improve our business with that latest technology!
- Can deal with ambiguity and loves to create!
- Self motivated and ability to work independently – Should be able to drive execution independently
- Very strong team player, should possess ability to foster teamwork and positive working environment to the project team in light of changes and challenges. Should have people skills to be able to work independently with different IT team members in different roles
- Ability to plan and organize work
- Strong aptitude to learn
- Strong written and oral communications skills, an eye for detail
- Strong collaboration & active listening skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding, and rapidly changing environment. Be able to multitask as needed
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- 7+ years of development experience in technical related role
Travel RequirementsUnder 10%
Referral Payment PlanYes
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.