Originations Contact Center Supervisor at OppLoans
OppLoans is a rapidly growing Fintech company that helps credit-challenged consumers build a better financial path through accessible products and five-star customer service. As one of Chicago’s fastest-growing startups, we’ve made the Crain’s Business Chicago Fast 50 (#4 in 2019) and the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 (twice), and we’ve ranked in the top 10% of the Inc. 500 four years in a row!
OppLoans is a team of caring and inventive “Opptimists” with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. OppLoans employees approach every new challenge with an unparalleled ability to see what could be rather than settle for what is. We want people to be excited to come to work every morning and know they are a part of something great. That’s why we prize collaboration, collegiality, and letting the best ideas win the day.What you get to do:
Our Loan Advocate department educates our customers on our products and services during the application phase of the customer journey. As a supervisor, you will play an essential part in overseeing and guiding the Team Lead and Loan Advocate team. Most of your day will consist of overseeing Loan Advocate productivity especially as it pertains to your assigned team and ensure adherence to compliance requirements and company procedures.
- Manage a team of Loan Advocates; conduct scheduled performance management and coaching sessions with all team members
- Overlook lending activity in the loan operations department
- Manage to clear performance standards, that all team members are held to
- Assure proper coverage with staff by using our workforce management system (Monet) and enforcing adherence to the workforce management processes
- Analyze reports, identify areas for improvement, and implement operational strategies to increase team performance
- Ensure compliance with company policies and regulatory requirements
- Work with the Director of Sales to maintain a motivated workforce
- Attend weekly meetings and share new information and/or updates with supervisors and the Loan Advocate team; in a way that is clear and applicable, and that receipt of information is confirmed
- Organize and prepare for employee performance evaluation, recurring training
- Handle customer escalations
- Foster an environment of collaboration and peer support
- Promote transparency of performance metrics
- Implement department contests and promos
- 3+ years experience leading a team in a customer contact center environment
- Knowledge base and understanding in the lending industry
- Maintain and demonstrate proficiency with loan and department related software applications (i.e. Five9, Salesforce, Periscope, Ambition, Monet)
- Lead by example in high-volume situations (Pick up the phone when needed)
- Passion for leadership and developing a successful team
- Balances team and individual responsibilities; give and welcomes feedback and contributes to building a positive team spirit
OppLoans is committed to providing an exceptional employee experience that allows you to define your career and purpose with us. New hire “Opptimists” go through orientation, shadow programs, a new hire lunch with our CEO, Jared Kaplan, and you can participate in different company culture events focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our onboarding team has designed programs to make you feel welcome and part of our team during your first year and beyond.
- Define the Mission (days 1-30): You will understand our company mission, values, and vision, and how your role at OppLoans plays a part in that.
- Define your Goals (months 1-3): You will be able to understand your role expectations and identify goals with your manager and mentor(s) to fulfill those expectations.
- Define your Belonging (months 3-6): You will understand OppLoans’ culture and have opportunities to engage with and impact that culture. Employee-led communities and programs, like our wellness program Project Opptimism, are offered to help with community connection both virtually and in-person.
- Define your Journey (6 months - 1 year): You will feel confident in your abilities to execute in your role and know the next step you will take to develop your career.
OppLoans offers a 401(k) matching program and paid vacation. Other benefits include medical benefits, including a free PPO medical option with BCBS for Employee-Only Plans, dental and vision coverage, and tuition reimbursement. To support your wellness, you receive a free gym membership at One Two Pru and a corporate discount on ClassPass packages. To get you to and from work, you can participate in our pre-tax commuter benefits program with CTA and Metra, park your bike in the One Two Pru bike storage room, and take advantage of discounted Divvy memberships. Dresscode is casual. Lunch is subsidized through Fooda and Sweetgreen, and healthy snacks and drinks are available all day at the office.
Our office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago with panoramic views of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan with rooftop access.EEOC Statement: OppLoans is an equal opportunity employer. OppLoans does not discriminate against any applicant for employment due to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, veteran status, or any other protected class.