Paro is hiring a Paro Expert Recruiter. Experts are Paro’s freelance talent. We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds to apply. We are committed to building a supportive place for you to do the best and most rewarding work of your career. Paro embraces and celebrates diversity and inclusion every day.
We help growing companies gain confidence in their finances. Paro matches businesses with the highest vetted bookkeepers, accountants, financial analysts, and CFOs who provide remote, on-demand, hourly support when clients need it. We only accept 2% of applicants into our highly curated network of experts, so clients know they’re working with the best of the best.
Ultimately, our mission is to empower business professionals to pursue meaningful work on their own terms. We provide freelancers with a platform to grow and manage their book of business, along with tools to predict their future earnings.
Working at Paro
Join us as we build the future of work and make finding perfect-fit talent as simple as buying a product online. A mass migration to the freelance economy is already underway, and many leading analysts predict that 50% of the workforce will be freelancing by 2025. We are backed by Revolution Ventures, Sierra Ventures, FJ Labs, and other leading investors and angels, and we are on the path to disrupting the $500+bn antiquated finance/accounting industry.
We value taking smart risks and having each others’ backs. We welcome challenges, and we are rigorous in ensuring all voices are heard. We are open to understanding each other’s experiences and communicating effectively together. We work hard, but we also want every employee to enjoy the journey. We work collaboratively, do the right thing, never settle and put our best work into everything we do. We believe our teams deserve to be surrounded with others who can be their authentic selves at work while driving forward the future of work with Paro.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to building a company that embraces and celebrates diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The Paro Expert Recruiter will help grow Paro’s elite freelancer talent. Experts (or freelancers) are the bloodline of Paro’s marketplace, and only 2% of registrants make it through our vetting process. You will work directly with the Director of Marketplace Operations and Freelancer Operations team to identify, source, and onboard finance and accounting talent for Paro’s marketplace. This role is directly responsible for the strategy and execution of sourcing, vetting, and onboarding new experts and handling all gaps and niche requests from the demand side.
- Recruit elite finance & accounting talent to join the nationwide Paro network of experts
- Work strategically to identify supply channels for funneling elite finance & accounting talent
- Qualify and onboard talent using Paro’s proprietary vetting model
- Ensure onboarded experts meet the marketplace needs obtaining a 75% match rate within the first 10 days in the network
- Collaborate with the sales team to determine high-impact needs and creatively source specific talent backgrounds to meet requests
- Leverage Excel, Looker, and other tools to maintain, challenge, and evolve expert acquisition KPIs
- Track weekly and monthly metrics
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-3 years of experience learning, evolving, communicating, and executing (recruiting accounting and finance talent a huge plus)
- Eager to utilize your soft skills working across business units and with a variety of personalities in the freelance community
- Exude confidence while remaining approachable; you will be shaping the freelancer network and that entails both identifying top performers as well as finding common ground amongst the registrants
- Seek out a dynamic, fast-paced startup environment where you can add value from day one
- Data driven, because numbers matter
- Self-motivated to exceed expectations with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Proactive in all that you do
- Maintain a professional demeanor complemented by excellent verbal and written communication skills
Benefits at Paro
- Competitive salary + stock options
- Parental Leave
- Comprehensive benefits package offering including: Medical (BCBS), dental, vision insurance, 401(k), etc.
- Flexibility to work from the office or remotely (as needed)
- Unlimited PTO – we trust you
- Company Holidays-in recognition of 10+ federal holidays each year
- Unique Paro Holidays to rest & recharge for one day each month when there isn’t a company holiday (minimum time off)
- Great River North office location, steps away from public transportation
- Pet friendly office
- Casual office environment