With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally decode and process our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of said data. Here at Tempus, we believe the greatest promise for the detection and treatment of cancer lies in the deep understanding of molecular activity for disease initiation, progression, and efficacious treatment based on the discovery of unique biomarkers.
We're on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in clinical settings. Our laboratory team is passionate and focused on developing state of the art techniques from sample processing to creating and interpreting vast amounts of genomic and molecular data. Our pathologists collaborate with product, research, and business teams to develop the most advanced platform in cancer care.
What you’ll do
- Evaluate NGS sequencing results
- Conduct pathology review including IHC for both research and clinical specimens
- Participate in clinical report review and delivery
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary team focused on answering key biological questions
- Work to establish and maintain CLIA/CAP compliance in a novel field
- MD with a current medical license and board-certified in Anatomic Pathology and Molecular Genetic Pathology
- Clinical experience with next generation sequencing interpretation
- Detailed knowledge and experience in oncology, cancer immunotherapy, medical immunology and clinical research, preferred
- Excellent managerial, organizational, reporting and communication skills
- Experience working in a regulated clinical laboratory environment (CLIA/CAP/NYSDOH/QSR)
- Experience ensuring compliance of a clinical laboratory to regulatory standards