Join VillageMD as a Physician Network Management Specialist, based remotely in Chicago, IL
At VillageMD, we're looking for a Physician Network Management Specialist to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
Could this be you?
This individual will be accountable for contributing to successful network and payor partnerships through support of the development, execution, and management of agreements that advance the VillageMD business model. With relationships in mind, you will be able to negotiate contracts, manage performance, and be an in-market problem solver for multiple partners in the VillageMD network.
How you can make a difference
- Work in tandem with market leadership to build a cohesive, adequate network in order to deliver high quality and cost-efficient care
- Ensure that identified local partners are performing at a level that meets or exceeds VillageMD standards of care
- Act as a liaison between in market operations and central services to ensure timely completion and implementation of contracts
- Provide network partners with a first point of contact for issue management and resolution
- Understand value-based care terms to ensure that partnership contracts align with upstream payer contracts
- Engage with market leadership to plan, prepare, and participate in operational JOCs with identified key partners
- Assist in other contracting efforts as needed
- Support VillageMD success by completing any required tasks as assigned
Skills for success
- Ability to build meaningful relationships both internally and externally including exercising discretion and maintaining confidentiality with sensitive matters
- Must be proactive with strong personal initiative as well as highly organized and detail oriented
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to anticipate needs will be integral to success in this role
- Ability to navigate within ambiguity, a service orientation, and a high level of humility are all requirements for successful assimilation into our highly collaborative, entrepreneurial culture
- Ability to successfully navigate customer relationship software (i.e. Salesforce)
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills (Excel, Powerpoint)
Experience to drive change
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Previous experience in network development, contract negotiating, and contract management a plus
- A passion for healthcare administration and value-based care
- Ability to multi-task, independently manage time, and be detail oriented
- Advanced knowledge of programs/systems including PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Concur
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in order to effectively communicate with internal and external high-level executives and markets
- Proven project management skills evidenced by the ability to effectively coordinate multiple vendors and resources, internal and external client relationships
- Demonstrated organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and deliver quality outcomes while effectively managing multiple competing priorities
- Demonstrated relationships in the market provider community a plus
- Previous, external client interface and relationship management strongly preferred
- Hands on approach and expert command of details
- Excellent interpersonal communication and critical problem-solving skills
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus and a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Those seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Explore your future with VillageMD today.