Population Health, Director at Oak Street Health
| Chicago | Remote
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:29 a.m. (CST) on Friday, February 4, 2022
Company: Oak Street Health
Title: Population Health Director
Oak Street Health is a rapidly growing company of primary care centers for adults on Medicare in medically-underserved communities where there is little to no quality healthcare. Oak Street's care is based on an entirely new model that is based on value for its patients, not on volume of services. The company is accountable for its patients' health, spending more than twice as long with its patients and taking on the risks and costs of their care. For more information, visit http://www.oakstreethealth.com .
At Oak Street, Population Health drives both our clinical and economic model and is focused on delivering high-quality, cost-effective care.
The Population Health Director will be instrumental in designing and implementing key Population Health priorities. S/he will work on programs and interventions, targeted to the right patients, to improve quality and cost of care. S/he will be an effective cross team leader, working side by side with providers, care teams, operations team members, and Treehouse team members.
Content areas for the Director will include, but not be limited to, behavioral health, transitions-in-care, pharmacy and medication adherence, HEDIS / Stars, accurate risk adjustment, preferred partner relationships, and remote monitoring. This will require building relationships with our clinicians, including primary care physicians, nurse practitioners, pharmacists, psychiatrists, registered nurses, licensed clinical social workers, and others.
This is a fast-paced, high visibility role to ensure that we are driving innovation and improvement rapidly and consistently within an Oak Street division. This role will be aligned with a geographic division to rapidly drive results.
This role will report directly to the Division President; with a dotted line to the central Population Health team.
- Own the execution and the ongoing refinement of Population Health programs in the local division.
- Work closely with functional leaders in the central office to assist with strategy and program design.
- Work side by side with regional leaders and Care Teams to ensure effective implementation of key Oak Street clinical and business priorities.
- Accountability to key population health metrics including quality measures, utilization measures, and financial measures
- Other duties, as assigned
What we're looking for
We're looking for a motivated, experienced leader with:
- 5+ years of applicable experience in healthcare / population health / working with healthcare providers; or other similar fields
- Ability to build the trust and confidence of a wide range of stakeholders
- Strong leadership skills and strong influencing skills.
- Incredible level of organization and detail orientation
- Analytical and data savvy. Ability to develop business cases, ROI analysis, and financial analysis.
- Someone who connects the dots between teams - a proactive communicator who puts individual projects into broader organizational objectives
- Expert in MS Office, Google Apps, project management software
- Pleasantly persistent approach
- Quick learner comfortable with a high level of ambiguity
- "Oakiness" - driven by our mission, exuding positive energy, scrappy, roll-up-your-sleeves attitude
- Graduate degree preferred but not required (MBA, MPH)
- Bachelor degree required
Why Oak Street?
Oak Street Health offers our coworkers advantages that can't be found in other clinical workplaces, including:
- The opportunity to be part of a hyper-growth company focused on changing the future of healthcare.
- Supportive and fun culture
- Paid vacation/sick time, retirement options, as well as health, vision, and dental benefits
- Brand new, beautiful working environment
- High levels of responsibility and opportunities for advancement
Why does Oak Street Health offer all of these benefits? Because we know what it takes to deliver the highest level of care, and our team deserves the best resources to succeed and enjoy their work. In return, we expect the best out of co-workers.
Oak Street Health is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and encourage all interested readers to apply to oakstreethealth.com/careers