PremierOne Back Office Support Manager at Motorola Solutions
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
Motorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments — when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments — when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child doesn’t miss the school bus home.
We unify voice, data, video and analytics in one integrated ecosystem to enable individuals, businesses and communities to work together in more powerful ways. To help people make better decisions, act confidently and be their best in the moments that matter. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions and connect with a career that matters.
Department OverviewOur Support team is composed of a group of highly talented individuals supporting Motorola Solutions’ software and services to the Public Safety market. The Back Office Support Manager is a position that leads a team of technicians to resolve issues and delight our customers.
Primary Responsibilities of the PremierOne Back Office Support Manager:
- Supervise, lead, and motivate, including career pathing and HR duties
- Set and hold team members accountable to goals and milestones, including identifying opportunities to delight the customer
- Coaches and motivates techs to ensure customer satisfaction and adherence to CMSO standards and resolving issues within a defined timeframe
- Holds each tech accountable for total ticket ownership, own and drive each ticket assigned, utilizing technical skills and fostering both customer and internal relationships to drive issue to resolution
- Provide ongoing support through regular 1:1 meetings by monitoring progress, providing training as needed, and ensuring expectations are met and exceeded
- Ensure employees know how to respond to what is being asked, maintain a “how can I help?” attitude, and represent Motorola in a professional manner
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to lead and mentor
- Excellent problem solving, leadership, and customer service skills
- Analytical, efficient, and thorough approach to leading and resolving complex customer issues
- Ability to remain calm and courteous under pressure and navigate tense situations
- Associates Degree OR Bachelors Degree with 1-2 years of formal technical courses in a PC-related field
- 2+ years of experience in customer service
- Familiarity with Windows and Linux operating systems, basic networking, and related hardware
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willing to travel at least 25% of the year
Preferred Experience, Education, and/or Training:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
- 6 months experience with the PremierOne Product(s)
- Knowledge of and/or basic skills in: Microsoft Windows Azure, Unix, Linux Server, and Desktop Operating Systems (Active Directory)
This position is subject to working in high security areas governed by the US Department of Justice's "Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Security Policy" and therefore requires successfully passing a more stringent fingerprint background check administered by Motorola Solutions Inc. customers
Motorola Solutions is a U.S. Federal contractor and must comply with the recent U.S. Government Executive Order requiring that Federal contractors ensure that their U.S. employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by December 8, 2021. Accordingly, Motorola Solutions requires all US employees, even those working from home, to be fully vaccinated unless entitled to a reasonable accommodation based on a qualified medical condition or religious belief.
If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to a qualified medical condition or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a reasonable accommodation prior to moving forward with the recruitment process. As a part of this process you will be required to provide information or documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. If your request for an accommodation is not approved, an offer for employment will not be made.
- Associates Degree or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience in customer service
- Must be able to obtain background clearance as required by government customer
Travel RequirementsUnder 10%
Referral Payment PlanYes
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.