ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to roll up their sleeves and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
The role of the Principal Business Process Consultant (BPC) is to advise ServiceNow Business Continuity Management (BCM) / IT Disaster Recovery (DR) prospects and customers on best practices to realize their business objectives by leveraging the capabilities of the ServiceNow Platform.
Working with customers in a consultative environment to successfully shape the customer implementation, the BPC serves as an expert in the BCM processes and best practices programmatically and within the ServiceNow platform. Familiarity with overall enterprise and operational risk management; and use of software capabilities to manage the program.
- The BPC works closely with customers to demonstrate and review OOB processes and analyze the need for customizations to support the customer to-be state.
- The BPC helps to close any gaps in understanding between the business needs and technical capabilities, and then define the appropriate process to achieve desired business results.
- The BPC leads other Consultants within the context of delivering multiple, concurrently running billable engagements.
- Lead engagements as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) on relevant best practices
- Lead business process definition, re-engineering, improvement and gap analysis of current/to-be processes during workshops with key customer sponsors and stakeholders
- Contributes to development of customer value objectives and plans to realize value
- Developing required documentation such as workshop agenda, presentations, gap analysis reports, process flow diagrams, roles/responsibilities
- Identifying areas of process improvement (efficiency and effectiveness) and recommending solutions that detail pros, cons and risks
- Drive the customer process roadmap discussions and decisions.
- Become trusted advisor status with the customer throughout the engagement
- Promoting continuous process improvement practices through process metrics/KPIs, dashboards and role accountabilities
- Managing and communicating process and business requirements to the delivery team as a bridge to ensure that the proposed solutions meet the customer's expectations
- Providing support, training and mentoring to other members of the services team
- Provide support to various teams across the organization including sales, marketing, documentation, and partner enablement / support.
- Understanding of ServiceNow Implementation Methodology, sales support process and tools including RFPs, pipeline tracking, and scoping.
- Works effectively within a team environment.
- Ability to problem solve, prioritize own schedule and deliver within potentially high-pressure business environments.
- Maintains relevant knowledge relating to certifications and current best practices
- Timely & accurate compliance with services processes i.e. schedule management, reports, expenses and timecards for billing.
PROFESSIONAL SERVICES CORE COMPETENCIES:
Customer focus: Addresses gaps in the workgroup’s ability to meet emerging customer needs. Gathers customer satisfaction input on behalf of the team. Holds others accountable for meeting customer needs. Aligns business processes to work with those of customers.
Collaborates: Credits others for their contributions and accomplishments. Encourages people to express their views openly. Facilitates effective collaboration among coworkers and external partners. Involves others in making decisions on behalf of the group.
Communicates effectively: Adjusts communication content and style to the audience and a diverse set of stakeholders. Breaks down communication barriers between others. Encourages candid and open communication among groups. Practices active and attentive listening skills to verify understanding.
Drives results: Pushes others to achieve results. Leads others to persist despite setbacks or obstacles. Fosters a sense of urgency in the team for reaching goals and meeting deadlines. Drives a track record of success for the team.
Courage: Coaches people on how to take a stand in the face of adversity when they believe in something. Confronts tough organizational issues and disagreements. Delivers difficult messages directly. Demonstrates the courage to say "no" when necessary.
Cultivates innovation: Nurtures and develops promising ideas through prototyping and experimentation. Challenges others to develop breakthrough solutions. Ensures that varied perspectives are included in the process of innovation. Encourages others to address challenges in new and better ways.
Business process design and improvement: Is seen as a thought leader with a broad and deep understanding of business process concepts in multiple specialized fields. Drives development of solutions to problems and critical business process issues, often for the most complex or difficult customer situations. Applies extensive expertise to develop intellectual capital and best practice solutions, and coach / direct junior team members, perhaps related to the newest products or services.
Consultative perspective: Consults and influences (providing options with pros, cons and risks) while providing thought leadership to sponsors/stakeholders in solving technical or business process issues. Stays connected to market influences and client situation / issues to identify and proactively initiate broader concept and outcomes conversations affect current and potential future projects. Acts as a strategic business partner to sponsors/clients and develop transformative solutions building from initial solutions. Act in the best interest of clients by weighing short- and long-term client needs, business impact and risk, and providing effective counsel.
Manages complexity: Coaches others to analyze information and evaluate alternatives to solve problems. Defines complex issues clearly despite incomplete or ambiguous information. Draws on multiple perspectives and sources to better understand and solve problems. Asks the right questions to stimulate critical thinking and help others accurately analyze complex situations
Manages change: Provides advice and guidance relating to a full perspective organizational context within which the product or solution will be delivered. Develops or influences change strategies through establishment of thought leadership positions with key stakeholders within culturally diverse multinational organizations. Anticipates and preempts client needs and challenges associated with the implementation of products/solutions and services for high complexity engagements.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.