Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Principal Anti-Bribery and Anti-Corruption Compliance Specialist
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We are all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for maintaining and enhancing the company-wide Anti-Bribery and Anti-Corruption (ABAC) governance program. Ensures that all related anti-bribery policies, standards, and practices are effectively implemented and followed by business units. Responsible for providing responses to compliance testing, internal audit, and regulatory examinations. Coordinates corrective actions in response to regulatory and internal findings. Partners with compliance to complete annual risk assessments. Collects management information and statistics to create and maintain performance and governance/oversight reporting for ABAC program. Responsible for providing oversight of the Company’s third-party bribery risk. Assists management in providing guidance to business units when interacting with government officials.
The Anti-Bribery and Anti-Corruption (ABAC) team is responsible for overseeing and administering the Company’s Anti-Bribery Policy and governance program.
- Supports management in the implementation of an ABAC governance program; develops ABAC policies and procedures; assists with enterprise bribery risk assessment; assists management in providing advice as Subject Matter Expert on ABAC Issues as they relate to the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, UK Bribery Act and other applicable anti-bribery laws.
- Provides oversight over benefits provided to Foreign Officials; provides oversight of third-party bribery risks; provides employee training; and provides oversight of monitoring activities related to bribery risk.
- Responsible for the preparation of status reports of program initiatives, activities, and compliance issues to management and Company committees.
- Develops performance and quality metrics and KRIs to measure the program’s effectiveness and to identify anomalies.
- Interacts with Internal Audit, Compliance Testing, and Regulators during ABAC examinations, drafting responses and providing documentation when requested.
At a minimum, here is what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in any field
- 6+ years of experience in compliance, law, risk management, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 10+ years of experience in compliance, law, risk management, or related field
If we had our say, we would also look for:
- Master's Degree in Business, Security, Law, Computer Science, Data Analytics, or Risk
- 8+ years of experience in compliance, law, risk management, or related field
- Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager
- JD, CISA, CIPP, CRMP, PMP, RIMS, or similar license/certification
- Trace Anti-Bribery Specialist Accreditation (TASA)
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
And by the way, while you’re waiting to hear from us, don’t forget to check out the great benefits Discover offers.
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in consideration for a career at Discover.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.