Principal Compliance Specialist at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
What You’ll Do
Responsible for maintaining and enhancing the Regulatory Change Management Program in support of the overall compliance program components.
How You’ll Do It
- Assist with researching regulatory compliance requirements and evaluating the adequacy of business policies, procedures, training and reference materials, system, and manual processes in the event of a regulatory change.
- Assist with identifying, assessing and managing Regulatory Change Management program risks and controls.
- Support management in the development, implementation, and maintenance of the Regulatory Change Management program and a culture of compliance.
- Assist with preparing status reports of the Regulatory Change Management program initiatives, activities, and compliance issues to management and committees.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree in any field
- 6+ years of experience in compliance, law, risk management, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 10+ years of experience in compliance, law, risk management, or related field
Bonus Points If You Have
- Master's degree in business, compliance or risk
- 8+ years of experience in compliance, law, risk management, or related field
- Project Management experience
- Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager
- JD, CISA, CIPP, CRMP, PMP, RIMS, or similar license/certification
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.