Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Responsible for maintaining and enhancing department or functional units in support of the overall third-party compliance program components. Ensures that legal requirements are appropriate and accurate for linked vendor engagements.
- Maintains and enhances department or functional units in support of the overall third-party compliance program components.
- Interprets complex federal, state, and local legal requirements applicable to third party engagements with knowledge to provide effective challenge of linked vendor engagements, as needed.
- Evaluates the adequacy of a third-party’s business policies, procedures, training, and reference materials, system and manual processes based on identified laws and regulations and legal requirements.
- Reviews identified third-party compliance program risks and controls and internal controls at the Company to oversee and monitor third-parties.
- Develops reports to communicate overall status of vendor engagement due diligence and third-party compliance issues to management. Ensures the business is adhering to standards with respect to oversight of third parties.
- Supports management in the development, implementation, and maintenance of compliance programs and a culture of compliance.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Security and Intelligence, Law, Information Technology, Analytics, Finance or related field
- 6+ years of experience in Compliance, law, risk management experience, or related
- In lieu of a degree, 10+ years in Compliance, law, risk management experience, or related
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Master's Degree in Business, Security and Intelligence, Law, Information Technology, Analytics, Finance or related field
- JD, CISA, CIPP, CRMP, PMP, RIMS or similar preferred
- Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.