Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Seeking a Principal Cybersecurity Analyst who will be responsible for conducting infosec risk assessments of Discover’s third party suppliers and mentoring junior team members
What You’ll Do
- Conduct high quality risk assessments with minimal supervision, and communicate findings to various levels of management
- Proactively identify and lead program enhancement efforts
- Coach and mentor junior team members
- Design and drive the Cybersecurity roadmap, contain potential breaches, conduct digital forensics, and deliver highly complex secure systems, cyber applications, technical projects, and regulatory and risk requirements.
- Drive Cybersecurity framework, program optimization, process engineering, risk remediation, and mitigation of operational risk in a high-velocity culture by introducing technology, requirements, deliverables, gaps, and systems design.
- Analyze competitive strategies, cyber technologies, metrics models, and performance indicators. Contribute to robust and innovative strategic solutions, build resilient support for next-generation systems to solve business challenges, and enhance the control environment and executive decision-making.
How You’ll Do It
- Act as the principal advisor to upper management in Cybersecurity matters. Provide guidance to Cybersecurity architects to design and develop security solutions, consistent with business goals and risk tolerance. Work closely with business analysts, engineers, and architects to ensure security requirements are effectively met through all phases of system lifecycles.
- Determine whether systems perform as expected, provide input to the determination of operational effectiveness, and take action to remediate issues and resolve gaps. Direct security solutions and technical assurance in alignment with business risk and regulatory requirements.
- Work closely with management to define and promote the team’s strategic direction. Provide strong leadership and direction to team members and oversee team direction, tactical responsibilities, and effective controls.
- Provide subject matter expertise across all Cybersecurity technologies. Oversee Cybersecurity projects and initiatives to ensure complete and timely delivery of key objectives.
- Identify, evaluate, and remediate potential vulnerabilities, and develop cyber solutions, internal processes, and standards for threat intelligence workflow. Contain potential breaches, conduct digital forensics, and submit an independent, classified incident review to senior leadership.
- Articulate defensive security measures, define new security requirements, and develop mitigation techniques to maximize protection and preservation of the brand.
- Advise leadership on an entire range of risk matters facing the department and ensure the mitigation of operational risks. Resolve conflicts in laws, regulations, policies, standards, or procedures.
- Resolve and remediate security issues and/or vulnerabilities. Ensure compliance with audit, regulatory, and legal requirements.
- Design metrics models and develop advanced capabilities to ensure confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, and non-repudiation.
- Develop unique cybersecurity performance and risk indicators to maintain constant awareness of the status of the highly dynamic operating environment.
- Develop assessment plans and measure risk performance for effective dashboard reporting. Conduct strategic and operational effectiveness assessments as required for cyber events, and regulatory and audit reviews.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with peers and internal business partners, and external vendors.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree in information security, Information Technology, Business, analytics, or related field
- 6+ years of experience in information security, computer science, engineering, data analytics, or related field
- In Lieu of Education, 4+ years of experience and related certification- CISSP/GIAC
Bonus Points If You Have
- 8+ years of experience in information security, computer science, engineering, data analytics, or related field
- Experience conducting info sec risk assessments or technology audits
- Prior experience as a cybersecurity practitioner (e.g. – experience in a cybersecurity domain such as network security, access control, cloud security etc)
- PMP, CEH, GIAC, CISM, CISSP
#BI-Remote #Remote #LI- LJ1
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.