Principal Cybersecurity Analyst at Discover
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsibility of the role is to design the Cybersecurity roadmap, contain potential breaches, conduct digital forensics, and deliver highly complex secure systems, cyber applications, technical projects, and regulatory and risk requirements. Drives Cybersecurity framework, roadmap, program optimization, process engineering, risk remediation, and mitigation of operational risk in a high-velocity culture by introducing technology, requirements, deliverables, gaps, and systems design. Analyzes competitive strategies, cyber technologies, metrics models, and performance indicators. Contributes to robust and innovative strategic solutions, builds resilient support for next-generation systems to solve business challenges, and enhances the control environment and executive decision-making.
- Acts as the principal advisor to upper management in Cybersecurity matters. Provides guidance to Cybersecurity architects in the design and development of security solutions, consistent with business goals and risk tolerance. Works closely with business analysts, engineers, and architects to ensure security requirements are effectively met through all phases of system lifecycles. Determines whether systems perform as expected, provides input to the determination of operational effectiveness, and takes action to remediate issues and resolve gaps. Directs security solutions and technical assurance in alignment with business risk and regulatory requirements.
- Works closely with management to define and promote the strategic direction of the team. Provides strong leadership and direction to team members. Provides subject matter expertise across all Cybersecurity technologies. Oversees Cybersecurity projects and initiatives to ensure complete and timely delivery of key objectives.
- Identifies, evaluates, and remediates potential vulnerabilities, and develops cyber solutions, internal processes, and standards for threat intelligence workflow. Contains potential breaches, conducts digital forensics, and submits an independent, classified incident review to senior leadership. Articulates defensive security measures, defines new security requirements, and develops mitigation techniques to maximize protection and preservation of the brand. Advises leadership on an entire range of risk matters facing the department and ensures the mitigation of operational risks. Resolves conflicts in laws, regulations, policies, standards, or procedures.
- Resolves and remediates security issues and/or vulnerabilities. Ensures compliance to audit, regulatory, and legal requirements. Builds and maintains effective relationships with peers and internal business partners, and external vendors. Provides oversight for team direction, tactical responsibilities, and effective controls.
- Designs metrics models and develops advanced capabilities to ensure confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, and non-repudiation. Develops unique cybersecurity performance and risk indicators to maintain constant awareness of the status of the highly dynamic operating environment. Develops assessment plans and measures risk performance for effective dashboard reporting. Conducts strategic and operational effectiveness assessments as required for cyber events, and regulatory and audit reviews.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- H.S. Diploma or GED
- 6+ years of experience in Information Security, Computer Science, Engineering, Data Analytics, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Security , Computer Science, Business Administration, Data Analytics, or related field
- 8+ years of experience in Information Security, Computer Science, Engineering, Data Analytics, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 4+ years of experience with related certifications: CISSP/GIAC
- PMP, CEH, GIAC, CISM, CISSP
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.