Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Responsible for leading the design, development, testing, certification and delivery activities for contact & contactless chip technologies, mobile payments and other emerging technology based solutions for card acceptance devices as well as payment devices. Manages areas of development of the product technology such as specifications development including functional features and security features, testing requirements, testing capabilities, certification requirements and certification program design. Manages relationships with vendors such as card & chip manufacturers, test laboratories, test tool providers, and mobile application developers, to enable support for the payment products.
The successful candidate will be the subject matter expert on EMV Level 3 Acquirer ETE end-to-end certification programs across Discover’s product verticals. They will also be responsible for ensuring that solutions put in place for EMV L3 ETE end-to-end certification and testing are effective across Discover Global Network including Diners Club International and PULSE.
This individual will be required to provide guidance to multiple internal teams and vendors that facilitate these certifications, and will specifically be responsible for the development and management of L3 test plans and test tools. He or she will likely also have a critical role in representing DFS at major emerging payments industry forums, possibly presenting at conferences, and will need to periodically communicate with the senior leaders of Discover and other organizations.
- Manage design and development of new payment technologies for card acceptance devices and payment devices (such as contact & contactless chip, mobile & cloud based payments etc)
- Create and maintain testing requirements and test procedures for new payment technology based products.
- Develop certification requirements and compliance program new payment technology based products.
- Manages participation of development in payment specifications within relevant standardization organizations. Communicates, educates and collaborates with stakeholders about new and updated standards and specifications.
- Manages vendors and external partners to ensure delivery of the best quality services to Discover.
- Create and maintain the test plans, test tools and test procedures for new, technology-based card/payment acceptance devices.
- Understand the D-PAS specifications of digital products and lead activities to develop the L3 acceptance testing approach for alignment with the technical requirements.
- Manage the vendor relationship with key external vendors such as L3 test tool providers and test labs (including organizing and hosting regular meetings with key vendors, support in vendor forum discussions and events)
- Work with 3rd party test tool vendors to get functional test tools and/or frameworks developed in accordance with specifications and test plans
- Validate 3rd party test tools and accredit them as Discover approved tools to be used by external entities.
- Assist in the design and development of certification automation initiatives.
- Learn and develop new skills in support of the function via self-learning, training, and industry standards participation (Knowledge of EMVCo testing standards).
- Support the delivery of new EMV testing and certification capabilities/technology.
- Leverage technology & partnerships for innovation, continuing to identify opportunities to streamline testing processes
- Ensure close collaboration with internal partners (provide subject matter expertise in a wide variety of settings such sales meetings, internal development discussions, and other strategic decision-making sessions).
- Act as an internal and external evangelist, expanding awareness of DFS advanced payment products and representing DFS at industry and client events. Deliver compelling presentations to all levels of internal and external management.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Information Technology, or related field
- 4+ years of experience as Payment Technology R&D, or similar
- In lieu of a degree, 8+ years of experience as Payment Technology R&D, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Master's Degree in Engineering, Information Technology, or related field
- Significant experience in EMVCo/Smart Card technology, or a related field
- CSCIP Smart Card certification
- Proven client and vendor management skills, including ability to influence external partners to achieve results in tight timeframes
- Demonstrated ability to manage strategic planning and goal setting, with a keen ability to prioritize.
- Ability to drive results under pressure
- Excellent presentation skills, including the ability to effectively deliver information to internal and external constituents at all levels
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to understand complex technical concepts.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.