Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Join an innovative, dynamic, data-driven performance marketing team that relentlessly strives to develop relevant messaging strategies and breakthrough digital creative driving new card member growth. You’re a strategic planner who has extensive experience (6-8 years) across the paid digital ecosystem (display, search, social—specifically TikTok & Snap—email, etc.) as well as an A-game in site, SEO, content creation and content optimization. Plus, you have an ever-watchful eye on trends and emerging media opportunities.
As you will be informing and managing external agencies and creative development, you’re ideally an account planner/strategist who understands the creative process, directly manages creative campaigns and heavily informs creative direction and development. Or you are a creative director (art side preferred) with an impressive strategic background. Most importantly, you live and breathe data-driven approaches and how to use data to inform and guide your strategies.
Responsible for leading the development and advancement of Acquisition creative strategies through connecting data, research and insights. Drives integration, alignment and implementation of new creative strategic solutions that identify consumer opportunities and address business challenges. Creates, drives change, and leads collaborative, cross functional efforts.
- Responsible for understanding and reporting on broader consumer environment, trends, social and industry activities that impact Discover as new opportunities or threats, assigns value/risk and prioritizes areas to advance with leadership
- Develops and leads a new cross-functional initiative planning process to translate business strategy into creative strategy that leads to more effective communications
- Responsible for and oversees development of new digital creative strategy frameworks to ensure governance around management and implementation of Brand, Product, and Program communication strategies across the enterprise
- Identifies new ways to leverage data and information to drive insights and better understand customer experiences
- Presents findings and recommendations to senior leadership (Director/VP and above) to drive strategy
- Leads cross-functional forum(s) that works collaboratively with business and channel partners to gather, distill, document and share out substantial learnings and results, leads cross-functional share-outs and develops use cases to implement new test and learn strategies across Acquisition
- Leads the quarterly planning process with key business partners through the lens of developing new consumer first ideas and solutions to address business problems
- Leads creative briefing with external agency partners, establishes project timelines, and owns responsibility of proactively managing and communicating expectations and/or implications with the business, channel and creative partners
- Leads the facilitation and development of journey mapping across the consumer decision journey to drive user experiences that address business challenges/channel gaps
- Responsible for managing relationships and maintaining favorable contacts to ensure partners needs and requirements are met
- Ensure that all agency team members are informed, clear on expectations and have proper resources to manage jobs & Collaborates with Consumer Insights, E-Business, Media, Creative and where necessary other Agency partners within the project management process
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelors’ Degree in Marketing or related field
- 8+ years’ experience with Creative Strategy, Communications Strategy, Advertising Account Planner, or related
- In lieu of education, 12+ years’ experience with Creative Development, Creative Strategist, Communications Strategy, Advertising Account Planner, or related
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Masters’ Degree in Communications or related field
- 10+ years’ experience with Creative development, Creative campaign management, Creative Strategist, Communications Strategy, Advertising Account Planner, or related
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.