Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
As a Cyber Security Architect, you will be part of the Cybersecurity Architecture Team focused on helping design, implement and mature innovative and cutting edge security capabilities. The Cybersecurity Architecture Team champions secure by design principles into our initiatives, provides hands on technical leadership for security domains, assists with defining vision and execution of strategy and is expected to help solve wide range of security challenges. The Cybersecurity Architecture Team is part of highly collaborative Cybersecurity program and an engineering culture driven technology organization.
What you will do:
- Be integral in ensuring access controls are designed and integrated into technology services, aligning business needs with technology and doing so in a manner which ensures security is built-in
- Identify use cases for technical capabilities, lead and conduct hands-on evaluations and develop value proposition for new network security products and services
- Strive to be subject matter expert in network security domain and the technologies/products used to secure hybrid-cloud systems and applications
- Be strong proponent and practitioner of automation and secure infrastructure as code practices.
- Work closely with Cybersecurity Product leadership, Engineers, and consumers of network security services to identity risks, define and design tactical and strategic risk mitigation plans and prioritize execution of these accordingly
- Partners with fellow Cybersecurity, Enterprise, Technical and Application Architects to champion secure by design principles and help deliver secure and reliable solutions.
- Is relentless in challenging status-quo and modernizing our hybrid cloud network security practices, platforms and services
- Build current state and future state reference architectures, solution patterns, security product roadmaps, capability maturity models and other best practice artifacts
- Bachelor's degree in Information Security , Information Technology or related
- 8+ years of experience in information security or related field
- In Lieu of Education, 10+ years of experience in information security or related field
- Proven experience engineering or designing of multiple modern Network Security Architectures covering capabilities such as Zero Trust Network Access, NGFW, Network Traffic Analysis, Container Network Interface, Malware Protection, DDOS Protection, Cloud Native Network Security Controls, CASB, SOAR, etc.
- Experience working in DevOps environment, automation first mindset, ability to leverage coding/scripting skills and working experience with APIs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of network design fundamentals in an enterprise along with strong knowledge of infrastructure components such as Load balancers, Routers/Switches, DNS.
- Curious by nature, demonstrates ability to learn new skills, keeps pace with evolving threat landscape as well as new technology trends and practices
- Has knowledge of capabilities in AWS, GCP (a plus)
- Previous experience as network engineer or architect (a plus)
#LI-LJ1 BI-Remote #Remote
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.