Principal Operations Strategy at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Responsible for providing strategic and tactical direction for operational activities to service the business. Ensures efficient and compliant servicing operations while ensuring world-class customer experience.
- Collaborates with business partners on process enhancements, communicates operational implications, and suggests alternatives that may achieve the same objectives but with more favorable impact to operations (e.g., lower cost, less complexity), commits to approaches selected by leadership and leads the implementation.
- Plans, coordinates, and executes activities that support business partner initiatives across the organization and ensures operations expectations for timeliness, quality, and efficiency are delivered in conjunction with internal and external parties.
- Actively monitors servicing quality levels, communicates opportunities for improvement, and collaborates with operations to improve service levels.
- Develops any necessary remediation plans and ensures their timely completion.
- Manages relationships with business partners and management of system-related projects from idea to implementation.
- Serves as the primary liaison between business partners and operations teams for servicing processes.
- Ensures that sound operational processes and procedures are developed and documented.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Social Sciences, or related field
- 6+ years of experience in Customer Service or Financial Services Operations
- In lieu of a degree, 8+ years of experience in applicable line of business (Deposits, Personal Loans, Student Loans), or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Master's Degree in Business, Arts and Social Sciences, or related field
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.