All OCC employees are required to disclose their COVID-19 vaccination status to OCC’s Human Resources department, and provide acceptable proof of vaccination status, as applicable. In addition, OCC requires employees who enter one of its offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit to regular testing as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation.
Who We Are
The Options Clearing Corporation (OCC) is the world's largest equity derivatives clearing organization. Founded in 1973, OCC is dedicated to promoting stability and market integrity by delivering clearing and settlement services for options, futures and securities lending transactions. As a Systemically Important Financial Market Utility (SIFMU), OCC operates under the jurisdiction of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), and the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System. OCC has more than 100 clearing members and provides central counterparty (CCP) clearing and settlement services to 19 exchanges and trading platforms. More information about OCC is available at www.theocc.com.
What We Offer
A highly collaborative and supportive environment developed to encourage work-life balance and employee wellness. Some of these components include:
A hybrid work environment, up to 3 days per week of remote work
Tuition Reimbursement to support your continued education
Student Loan Repayment Assistance
Technology Stipend allowing you to use the device of your choice to connect to our network while working remotely
Generous PTO and Parental leave
Competitive health benefits including medical, dental and vision
What You'll Do
The Principal, Organizational Development will be responsible for developing and implementing learning and development programs using a variety of methods including in person training sessions, live virtual webinar sessions, online training programs and on-the job training programs. This includes assessing training needs, designing and developing training content, facilitating training, and evaluating training outcomes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Learning & Development
- Evaluate current learning and development programs and identify opportunities to improve effectiveness of current methods and strategies ensuring alignment with corporate goals, strategy and vision. Ensure programs incorporate best practices, creative and innovative design concepts and are cost effective.
- Conduct comprehensive annual training needs analysis in order to develop a prioritized training plan to be implemented across the enterprise and tied to talent priorities of the business.
- Collaborate and partner with OCC leaders to understand their issues related to learning and development programs and develop innovative and effective solutions.
- Establish and implement a comprehensive competency assessment process and related career progression models to support leadership, management and employee development and to foster an environment of internal mobility.
- Partner with functional SMEs on the analysis, design and development of learning programs; liaise with vendors and other OCC employees in designing and/or delivering training.
- Effectively deliver training in person and/or online.
- Manage the preparation, maintenance, and distribution, of training materials, surveys, and assessment tools.
- Ensure programs incorporate adult learning theory, industry best practices, and utilize creative and innovative design concepts
- Curate content across multiple modalities of training and aligned with talent priorities of the business
- Consult with HR business partners to provide learning and content on demand during talent cycles (performance, goals, checkpoints, calibration and development planning)
- Collaborate with HR Analytics team to prepare reports on training status/completions and other established ROI metrics.
- Support the development and implementation of a comprehensive communication and launch strategy for learning and development initiatives.
- Support the creation and implementation of training for Individual Development Plans (IDPs), SMART Goals and performance management training.
- Partner with the Executive Director of Organizational Development to support related initiatives and execute on project deliverables.
- Build, maintain and execute learning hub (internal portal for learning content)
- Execute other ad hoc projects and requests to develop talent at OCC.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Deep understanding of effective blended learning solutions
- Strong analytical skills, process and detail orientation
- Minimum 7+ years of broad experience developing comprehensive learning and development.
- Extensive knowledge in leadership development, career management, performance management, employee engagement, capability and competency management, organizational design principles and workforce planning
- Assessment certifications (Hogan, 360, Myers Briggs, etc.) preferred
- Driven, results oriented with a strong bias for action
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; and executive presence
- Strong project management skills and ability to effectively manage multiple priorities
- Provide creative approaches to problem solving and develop innovative solutions to address complex business issues
- Change agent with high EQ
- Strong stakeholder orientation and metrics mindset
- Ability to build strong working relationships at all levels of the organization
- Outstanding teamwork, collaboration and steward of corporate culture
- Ability to think strategically and execute tactically
- Knowledge of instructional design theory (ADDIE) and implementation
- MS Office Proficiency
- Experience with E-Learning development platforms required
- LMS experience
- Learning measurement system experience
Education and/or Experience:
BA degree in Education, Training, HR, OD or related field required
7+ years of progressive learning and development or instructional design experience
At least one year of organization change management experience preferred
Certifications in instructional design, facilitation and presentation, E-Learning development, DDI, MBTI, StrengthsFinder, Hogan, etc. preferred
Certificates or Licenses: