Principal Portfolio Management at Discover (Chicago, IL)
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for driving customer engagement and a best-in-class customer experience by optimizing marketing opportunities for all products and features across the organization. Responsible for creating a success framework to align targeting, offer, experience, and performance expectations, as well as identifying high-value use cases to drive development of the engine.
- Identifies, develops, or evaluates marketing strategies, based on knowledge of objectives, market characteristics, customer needs, historical results, and channel-specific expertise.
- Formulates, directs, or coordinates marketing activities or policies to promote products or services, working with agencies (internal and external) and cross-functional partners.
- Acts as a coach and mentor to junior team members and business partners, helping to develop new talent and share subject matter expertise.
- Manages campaign budgets across numerous simultaneous efforts, most measured in multiple millions of dollars.
- Timely and accurate completion, maintenance, and communication of assigned Business Risk review (including monitors and audits). Establishes, and adheres to, strong controls to ensure accuracy and strategy deployment.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in Marketing, Business, Partnership Management, Brand Management, consumer packaged goods, creative agency, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 6+ years of experience in Campaign Management, strategy development, digital marketing, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Master's Degree in Marketing, Business, or related field
- 6+ years of experience in Marketing, Business, Partnership Management, Brand Management, consumer packaged goods, creative agency, or related field
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.