Principal, Third Party Risk Program Management at Discover (Chicago, IL)
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Responsible for providing oversight and governance for the day-to-day, third-party risk activities within the company. Assists with the execution of the strategic direction of the third-party risk management program by monitoring and reporting on the compliance with enterprise-wide policy and procedures for assessing, onboarding, managing, monitoring, and terminating third-party transactions.
- Executes risk oversight reporting and exam management in connection with the Third Party Risk Management Program, Policy, and framework. These activities include monitoring compliance with the program requirements, supporting the maintenance and enhancements of enterprise policies and procedures, and the oversight of identified critical and strategic services being provided to Discover
- Maintenance of the third party risk management framework and related documentation and standards, tracking and reporting on third party key risk indicators, which includes the status of SME risk assessments, issues and action plans of third party engagements, liaising with the different SME teams and engagement owners throughout the lines of business, and training to standards and framework.
- Lead on regulatory exam management and internal audit responses
- Compiles and reconciles third-party reporting data for committee and board reporting.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or related field
- 6+ years of experience in Risk Management, Financial Services, Process Improvement, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 8+ years of experience in Risk Management, Financial Services, Process Improvement, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Master's Degree
- 8+ years of experience in Risk Management, Financial Services, Process Improvement, or related field
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.