Printing Technician at Nexgen Packaging
This is an exciting opportunity to join Nexgen Packaging as a Printing Technician! If you are an experienced digital and print copy expert, then we need you to jump right into our production workflow! At Nexgen Packaging we are building a team of talented, experienced, and creative individuals! We embrace independent thinking self-starters who are looking to be part of a hard-working team that enjoys what they do. We are committed to investing in our employees’ growth and creating career opportunities for everyone at Nexgen. If this sounds like a team you’d like to join, then let’s meet!
We are changing how companies leverage technology to manufacture and manage supply chain. We have created a software platform to optimize, organize, and digitize customers’ portfolios. Considered the industry’s leading technology platform, over 10,000 brands and manufacturers globally use the Nexgen platform. Our customers include both traditional retailers like Converse, J Crew, Chico’s, and Kate Spade and emerging companies like StitchFix, Bonobos, and Fabletics that are changing the retail landscape.
Our Commitment to You:
We will provide a space that:
- Embraces forward thinking,
- Values employees’ contribution,
- Drives personal growth, and
- Recognizes the value of quality of work and quality of life.
We love to see our employees grow, embrace the entrepreneurial spirit, and demonstrate a willingness to contribute to our company’s successes. We are committed to providing rewarding experiences and helping our employees achieve their career and personal goals.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Print Shop Operator who is a true go getter! You will have a unique opportunity to help shape Nexgen’s future. Being able to grow with our company is all but one reward, you will be responsible for driving production workflow, delivering top notch service and driving quality documentation reproduction.
- Working with team members to schedule department workload on the small format digital color and black and white production printing equipment.
- Reviewing and understanding production work orders; communicating with other departments, staff members, and customers to gather any additional information needed to complete the job to the customers' expectations.
- Operating small format production equipment including printers, copiers, scanners, bindery equipment, cutting devices, and folding machines.
- File preparation, including file conversion, file manipulation, document merging.
- Performing hand work such as mailing preparation.
- Perform large format output and finishing.
- Scanning documents for quality control.
- Working with Production team to troubleshoot and prepare electronic files for output.
- Set up equipment, run jobs and perform quality control.
- Understanding of desktop publishing applications, offset printing processes, digital file types and associated procedures in both Mac and PC platforms.
- Reviewing and understanding production work orders; communicating with other departments to gather any additional information needed to complete the job to the customers' expectations.
- Communicating with IT and CS, customers and graphic designers via phone and e-mail to provide file recommendations, document support, software advice, and layout recommendations.
- Comprehensive understanding of all software used by customers submitting printing jobs and by print shop producing jobs.
- Comfortable performing basic computer maintenance.
Ideally, We’d Like You to Have:
- 1-2 years experience in a full service, high volume print shop
- Any type of production experience is a plus
- Attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and quality
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis
- Ability to adapt and work independently
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Comfortable working in a fast- paced environment and able to work on multiple projects at once while maintaining a calm composure
- Able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing as you will be interacting directly with other departments to coordinate print projects
- Proven knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong file management and organizational skills
- Experience performing basic printing equipment troubleshooting and maintenance, including changing paper and toner, clearing jams, following on-screen instructions to bring equipment back to operational standards
- Associates Degree in IT, Computer Science, or related field preferred
- High School Diploma or GED
- Print shop production, including Adobe Create Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Arobat, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher)
A team of four entrepreneurs and industry veterans founded Nexgen in 2006. They knew they could build a great company that could help retailers with their branding solutions by leveraging state-of-the-art technology, exceptional employees, and an outstanding work environment. We pride ourselves on exceeding customers’ expectations by listening to their needs and executing on our commitments. This approach has led to industry-leading growth for Nexgen and our team. Since our founding we have grown to over 600 employees globally, with shipments of over 3 billion products a year!